How is the Chrome Browser casting?

ChoboBot

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I am currently looking to purchase the new Chromecast as I have read that it can cast the Google Chrome browser from a PC/Mac/Smartphone.

What is the performance like when casting this to the TV?
Will this play all content that is viewed on the source device? E.g. Streaming video like Flash?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Well if you're casting a tab with flash video playing inside it its not going to be bearable at all. But casting tabs for reading and scrolling is good but as far as "system requirements" for the chrome cast I would would really recommend a dual band 802.11n router at the least for a adequate experience. But as far as flash video goes I wouldn't even bother.

Hope this helps :)

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

ChoboBot

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Well if you're casting a tab with flash video playing inside it its not going to be bearable at all. But casting tabs for reading and scrolling is good but as far as "system requirements" for the chrome cast I would would really recommend a dual band 802.11n router at the least for a adequate experience. But as far as flash video goes I wouldn't even bother.

Hope this helps :)

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

That's disappointing, I was trying to get around streaming Sky On-Demand (similar service to Netflix for Sky TV customers) through my Macbook to Chromecast instead of paying an extra £5 in the UK.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams