Google Play Music freezing intermittently if casting?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this? I've been casting Google Play Music from my Chromebook to my entertainment system using my 1st gen Chromecast today, and noticed that when playing my Thumbs Up playlist on shuffle, it seems to freeze after anywhere from 5 to 10 songs. I see the loading rotating circle icon next to the track that wants to play, but it just never loads. The Play button at the bottom is greyed out, although I can click the Skip button--but the next track still has the loading circle and never plays. I have to stop casting first, then skip to another track, after which it starts playing again.

ToxicCocks

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have recently noticed a similar problem on my first gen chromecast. The music doesn't freeze up completely, but takes extra time to load (i.e. it's not streaming properly). The issue happens after every song played. The song starts, about 15 seconds in it freezes, and then everything proceeds as it should. I have made sure the problem doesn't arise from my internet connection.

Mind you, every other casting app I have tried works fine. The only one with an issue is Play Music. This just started happening maybe a week ago. It's extremely frustrating because I just finished my 3-month trial for GPM recently. Everything was working fine and then it just took a dump after I thought GPM would be a good service to use. Now I'm not so sure...