Is it possible to connect my chromecast to my android phone through wifi hotspot
    01-15-2016 09:08 PM
    I'm not sure you need to. The Chromecast broadcasts its own network prior to being configured, the device you use to configure it will connect to that network using the Chromecast app so that it can configure. Once its configured, there is a PIN that displays on the screen, that can be used by others that are not on your WiFi (if you have WiFi) to connect directly to the device so it can be used by them to share something. You might be able to use that and not bother with the hotspot.

A point on the hotspot, your phone can't connect to its own WiFi hotspot. Also, devices connected to the hotspot are segregated, they can't communicate with each other so this wouldn't work anyway.
    01-15-2016 10:22 PM
    Also, devices connected to the hotspot are segregated, they can't communicate with each other so this wouldn't work anyway.
    Yes they can I do it all the time. Phone is hotspot...and provides WAN access to other devices via my phone data plan. Tablet and Chromecast connect to hotspot...and CAN communicate with each other.
    01-28-2016 08:53 PM
    I have tried what seems like everything, need major help.
    07-01-2016 11:33 AM
    If Chromecast had reps that knew what they were talking about, it would really help. I've tried what seems to be everything. Need major help.
    07-01-2016 11:37 AM
    If Chromecast had reps that knew what they were talking about, it would really help. I've tried what seems to be everything. Need major help.
    I setup mine up using my active phone on Hotspot and an older android phone on WiFi connected to the Hotspot. Setup Chromecast through the app on the older phone using same WiFi ssid and password.

I recommend trying something like this rather that tearing out hair and thinking society is on the brink of collapse 😛

Since setting it up, barring today (I accidentally reset the Chromecast), it has worked fine with being setup this way. My user issues were related to apps and the device freezing, not network connection.
    07-17-2016 01:14 AM
    I have tried what seems like everything, need major help.
    Did you try what is in the post right before where you said you tried "everything"? Or the post right above this one?
    07-25-2016 08:30 PM
    Is it possible to connect my chromecast to my android phone through wifi hotspot
    ... It works turn hotspot on your device. Must use another device to set up Chromecast. Once it's casting the 2nd device can be turned off. You can then control it from same device that is serving as hotspot. Downfall is once you turn it off you then have to have 2 devices to set it back up. I'm currently searching for a way to have Chromecast remember my hotspot so i don't need to set it up each time.
    02-24-2017 05:02 AM