Chromecast audio w/Youtube

NEXUSMAN40

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
chromecast audio w/youtube

Hi,
I purchased a chromecast audio and the only reason is to use it with YouTube. And IT IS NOT SUPPORTING. I cannot believe. Is there a way to connect to youtube?
Thanks in advance.
Mario

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: chromecast audio w/youtube

Not sure that would work unless you have a Paid YouTube subscription (and some users report that it worked on YouTube Music and then it didn't and then it did again and then it didn't again, so it might be something that they haven't really pinned down yet).

Also, from other posts/forums, casting a YouTube tab from PC works with Audio, and also this:
So do this:
-Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast Audio.
-Open the Chromecast app Chromecast cast icon.
-In the top left corner, touch the navigation drawer More menu icon.
-Touch the Cast Screen + Audio button.
-Select your Chromecast Audio.

And remember, YouTube, in the end, is geared more towards video... so it makes sense that adding/keeping Audio support isn't their priority. Not an excuse, just partial justification.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Sibi Mobile

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: chromecast audio w/youtube

I've just developed an android app "TubeCast - Web >Chromecast Audio" to cast youtube to chromecast audio, it only finds the music tracks so the network load is much lighter, as audio track is usually much smaller than the video itself. Please take a look at the video demo on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGkoC6LPp0
It works pretty the same way as youtube app on android, you click on video, it shows dialog to play/add to queue, and let you play on repeat.
This is the link on playstore - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.sibimobilelab.castwebaudio&token=8pspGE0t

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs