Why chromecast in my bedroom doesnt cast

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have 2 chromecast in 2 different room. One in living room and one in bedroom. The one in bedroom works fine but in my bedroom it doesnot work?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
With the TV on and the Chromecast input selected, confirm in the bottom right corner which network it's connected to. Is it the same as the device you're trying to initiate the cast from? Can you see it in your list of cast destinations but it won't start the stream or is it not there at all? Is the Chromecast able to pull images for the "idle background", if you have images from online selected?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

CybX

Jun 20, 2019
Visit site
I had this problem. I switched from 2G to 5G, and it worked. Switched back to 2G, and all seems to be okay. That said, I don't think I have used them at the same time in different rooms much.

Does the problem come up when both are active?

Can you see both Chromecasts when you try to stream from your downstairs device (from something like ServerCast)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey