Who's getting a Google Home Hub?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

Who is getting the Google Home Hub? It looks pretty cool, AND the price is nice too! I will give it serious though, although I am an Amazon Alexa guy! lol

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I've already got a Lenovo Smart Display and love it. Ordered a Home Hub to be my alarm clock and finally evict the Echo Spot.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Me!! Pre-ordered aqua hub. Getting it for a birthday/xmas present. I love the look of this and am excited as I have quite a few connected devices in my home.

I think the price is excellent and I have chosen it over the Amazon Show, which I think is overpriced.

Am glad of no camera tbh. I don't use duo so would have been a waste for me. But I use my Google Home alongside Alexa, as each has their own strengths. I have Amazon Music and Audible books so they are best on an echo dot for each of me and my hubby and my child.

I have a mini in the kitchen (though I can see the hub being taken in there for cooking sometimes) as my child uses it for recipes and we use it to boil the kettle and I listen to radio when cooking, timers etc. It is great in the kitchen.

The main google home is in the living room/ *** my bedroom as I am disabled and sleep downstairs. I use it for podcasts and casting to Netflix and Youtube on the TV. I listen to the radio, use routines for morning and night and basically controlling my lights, tv etc. It is so useful on days I can't walk at all.

So the hub will live on my coffee table and replace my phone for various assistant tasks. Am really looking forward to it.

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Ordered one. Been using a home as a home control, sleep music and alarm in my bedroom for a while this ups the game.

Now I can have all that, plus a clock, videos, quick access to youtube tv and my nest cams, letting me leave my phone out of the room.

For $149??? Bargin.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I want one but my place is so small I'm not sure where I would place it. I have my mini in the bedroom and the regular home in my living room. I stopped by Best Buy today to check out the new phones and they had a Home Hub on display, it's so tiny.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I want one but my place is so small I'm not sure where I would place it. I have my mini in the bedroom and the regular home in my living room. I stopped by Best Buy today to check out the new phones and they had a Home Hub on display, it's so tiny.
Am glad it's not a hulking thing. Once i have my personal one will consider one for the kitchen next year.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Ordered a sand one for the kitchen after all. Going to arrive a week earlier than the aqua one. 30-31 October for Sand one. So I get to play with one before my birthday after all. Hubby decided that since our child loves cooking the kitchen one was necessary.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to order one for my bedside table. But don't if it would be necessary once my Pixel stand comes in. I'm buying one, just have to figure out the best place to put it

travo1978

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got in on the error or whatever it was at Home Depot and got one ordered for $99. If not for that I wouldn't have bought one yet though I'm sure I would have eventually. Still waiting for it to ship.

SmoovC

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
Received one for the master bedroom to replace the #$@& Insignia unit which we both grew to hate. So good so far! Of course, now she wants one for the guest bedroom to replace another Insignia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21