Free Nest Mini promo on YouTube, anyone else?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I logged into YouTube and got an offer from Google to get a free Nest mini for being a subscriber to YouTube. Has anyone else got this offer?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Got one too. I cautiously proceeded, and combed through all the fine print and couldn't find any strings attached. I think it's Google's way of apologizing for discontinuing Play Music and transitioning everyone to crappy YouTube Music. I think the only prerequisite is that you have had an established Play Music account for a certain amount of time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I'm subscribed to is Google Play Music though...

...did I just sign up for premium YouTube by accepting that mini?n

Google Play Music subscribers automatically get YouTube Music. I think the promo is for YouTube Music and YouTube Premium subscribers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It seemed like the article was speculating a bit (they said "it seems") as well, so I wasn't sure. I also can't remember if GPM subscribers automatically got YT Premium, or if it was just YT Music.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Premium subscriber and was also greeted with the free offer. LOL, I too was a bit skeptical, but even down to the end it showed a balance of $0.00. And only now do I think I should have screenshot it...😡

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I received it yesterday, as the head of household for our Google Play Music Family Plan. We have not yet been invited to transfer our music library from Play Music to YouTube Music. Still waiting on that. Don't know what I'm gonna do with a 5th Home / Home mini....but I'm not gonna pass up free smart speakers.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Your statement is exactly me! We have a Google Play family plan, waiting on the ability to transfer my library library to YouTube music as well. We already have 5 Google homes, so the 6th one I guess may go in the garage for workout music.
I received it yesterday, as the head of household for our Google Play Music Family Plan. We have not yet been invited to transfer our music library from Play Music to YouTube Music. Still waiting on that. Don't know what I'm gonna do with a 5th Home / Home mini....but I'm not gonna pass up free smart speakers.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
oh man! forgot about that! this might happen! since my stereo speakers have died! it won't make up for 12 inch woofers but at least the neighbors won't feel the vibration . I can thump with my headphones I guess and make life better for everyone. Or I may give it to someone, give the gift of Google
Remember also that you can pair two of them to be stereo speakers: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7559493?hl=en

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
oh man! forgot about that! this might happen! since my stereo speakers have died! it won't make up for 12 inch woofers but at least the neighbors won't feel the vibration . I can thump with my headphones I guess and make life better for everyone. Or I may give it to someone, give the gift of Google

All excellent options.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma