Google's version of the Echo Dot

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The Home Mini is a shrunken version of the Google Home, and while smaller can be beneficial, it can bring it's own set of possible issues, like Phil points out in his article: https://www.androidcentral.com/goog...ot-competitor-we-need-now-it-just-has-sell-it

The smaller size could impact the sound quality, and possible it's ability to catch wifi signals. But, in theory, it should reduce the price.

Hopefully, Google won't completely replace the standard Home with this.

Any thought about this? Anyone who might consider getting one?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
If you compare the rumoured $49 to the "big brother" at $129 or around there. it's actually very good value for money and I wouldn't mind having a little lower quality speakers if I'm getting a price reduction. 😃 The WiFi signal I'm not too worried about because my house is fairly small so it should be able to connect easily.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you compare the rumoured $49 to the "big brother" at $129 or around there. it's actually very good value for money and I wouldn't mind having a little lower quality speakers if I'm getting a price reduction. 😃 The WiFi signal I'm not too worried about because my house is fairly small so it should be able to connect easily.
Good points. This could be looked at as an intro to your home being connected. Especially if you are not sure about going all in.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Good points. This could be looked at as an intro to your home being connected. Especially if you are not sure about going all in.

Definitely, let people test the waters at a low price to see if they like it and if they do, a year or 2 down the line, they can pick up a more expensive version and enjoy all the extra features that it comes with it. :) I know its not a fair comparison (just emphasising entry to market price) but the difference in price between the Google Home and the Apple HomePod is pretty huge. Some people might not be willing to drop $350 on something they not sure of, but $49 is easy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams