Proplem with Google Mini oops..

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
They sent out an update to fix it.
Yeah, but all it did is disable the touch to activate feature. I believe it's a hardware problem with it being too sensitive. Overall, I don't really care. I wouldn't use that touch to activate feature anyway so they can keep it disabled.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but all it did is disable the touch to activate feature. I believe it's a hardware problem with it being too sensitive. Overall, I don't really care. I wouldn't use that touch to activate feature anyway so they can keep it disabled.

Yeah I don't touch my Google Home now to ever activate it. I just call out to it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, now that they've disabled touch altogether.... I won't be purchasing one. I'll use my free one, but I'm not paying for one where I can't touch it to turn off the alarm or anything like that

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that they've disabled touch altogether.... I won't be purchasing one. I'll use my free one, but I'm not paying for one where I can't touch it to turn off the alarm or anything like that

I use my phone for my alarm. I am not going to trust the power to stay on -- Not to see if I can make it to work or not lol.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone for my alarm. I am not going to trust the power to stay on -- Not to see if I can make it to work or not lol.
Lol, see I'm even more paranoid than you about missing work. I set both my phone and my Google home every night. If something weird happens with the phone, I'm hopeful that the power doesn't go out that same night. I feel like at least one of them should be able to wake me up.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I've used Google Home and now Google Mini for my alarm for almost a year now and I've never once touched the top to turn off the alarm.

'Hey Google, Stop" is just as effective and kind of the point of a voice activated device.

CaymanDreamin

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
The mini does have touch controls now. You touch the sides of the top to silence alarms, pause/play media, end calls, adjust volume etc.