How does "Multiple Users" work?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
My Mini is arriving today so obviously I want to get it set up ASAP. No problem for me, I've been using "OK Google" on my Pixel (and Samsung S5) for a while now. I read on the Google info page that the mini will recognize 4 voices. That's great. There are 4 of us in the house.

My questions is this - once I get it set up and trained, will it work without me (and my phone) being in the house? I get that if you want to use it for calling it would be linked to an account somehow (we don't have GV here in Canada) so it would use Google Hangouts dialer.

If I'm here at work and my wife asks it a question or wants it to send music to our Chromecast, will it work? If we are out, and my daughter asks it for the weather, will Google Assistant tell her?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Mini arrived, set up was a snap. I see that it is linked to your Google account through the Google Home app. The app needs to be installed on each device that you want the owner to have control of your Mini. I was able to control it easily from across the room. I installed Google Home on my wife's phone, set up her voice and now she can control it too.

Well done, Google!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar