The most worthless device?

Soundman72

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to clear one thing up I love the mini it's brilliant as I type it's streaming some music for me.

my comment about no battery was as I see it something Google could think of for the future it's brilliant at what it does as an assistant.

yes I know my phone can do all this with an added Bluetooth speaker which is where my point about no battery it has a Bluetooth function and it's a speaker so adding a battery to it gives it a chance to be more than it is right now.

if you read my original post it was my only negative point about it the rest of it all positive.

I can say good morning too it, it gives me the weather traffic and the news.

I use it to set reminders for me

timers

alarms etc.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

If you have a question about mod actions shoot me a PM. Otherwise let's get back on topic.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why, but Google Home Mini units seem much smarter than my OG Google Home and my Google Home Max. I think there is something that differentiates the units, but I don't know if it's where they are positioned relative to the speaker, voice training, etc.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Well let's keepitreel shall we it also has a Bluetooth function to it so it acts as a speaker.

Also why does it need to stay at home, I happen to think I can pretty much take it anywhere with me as it is an assistant.

It's a very handy device for holidays too I spend times in b and b's so information about weather etc locally is handy.

And besides it's handy for streaming music etc too.

So my comment about no battery is in my books pretty vaild one

Well, you do already have a battery powered version in your phone, so why the redundancy?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to clear one thing up I love the mini it's brilliant as I type it's streaming some music for me.

my comment about no battery was as I see it something Google could think of for the future it's brilliant at what it does as an assistant.

yes I know my phone can do all this with an added Bluetooth speaker which is where my point about no battery it has a Bluetooth function and it's a speaker so adding a battery to it gives it a chance to be more than it is right now.

if you read my original post it was my only negative point about it the rest of it all positive.

I can say good morning too it, it gives me the weather traffic and the news.

I use it to set reminders for me

timers

alarms etc.
Thought about you when I bought a battery powered Bluetooth speaker with the Google assistant inside. Functions exactly like a regular GH except it's a bigger speaker. It's amazing for moving it to different rooms in the house without having to wait for it to boot up. However when it's outside the house (local park) it's just a Bluetooth speaker. There's no functionality of the assistant due to lack of WiFi. So basically it's just a plain Bluetooth speaker when there's no WiFi.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thought about you when I bought a battery powered Bluetooth speaker with the Google assistant inside. Functions exactly like a regular GH except it's a bigger speaker. It's amazing for moving it to different rooms in the house without having to wait for it to boot up. However when it's outside the house (local park) it's just a Bluetooth speaker. There's no functionality of the assistant due to lack of WiFi. So basically it's just a plain Bluetooth speaker when there's no WiFi.

Which one did you get?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Which one did you get?
Battery is good for 5 hrs of continuous play. Great for moving in other parts of the house or the patio and backyard.
6cf09371f1979d905fb25c64a1d555a8.jpg