Home mini newbie

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi just got a mini yesterday. I set it up under my account it recognizes my voice and everything, I have one issue though. When I say hey Google or hi Google it doesn't respond, the light doesn't come on to ask it a question. I have to repeat myself a few times till she hears my wake up command. I'm sitting right next to it, so it should hear me right away. Do you think I have a bad one, or you guys have had a similar experience? Another thing that I have not figured out is that when I have been playing music and then tell it to stop it stops playing but if I was to pick it up and seems if I flip it upside down the music's starts playing. Other than that I really like it

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Could be a bad unit. You can try to retrain the voice model through your Google Home app. Also, it's possible that if your phone is also trained to respond to voice, it may be trying to pick it up on the phone first.

lizette1222

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your response..I could try and retrain the voice on the Google home app see if it helps. I had to disable my "hey Google" command on my phone, but this started after that, so I'm almost sure that's not the issue.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The system is designed for the phone to give preference to the Home Mini. Lizette, I'm not sure why yours is not responding. I have one and don't have that issue at all. Something is not right there. I hope you can get to the bottom of it or else get it replaced.
By the way, it's Hey Google or OK Google - not Hi Google.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci