My brother setup a Google Home for my parents and I then connected some IoTs to it like light bulbs and plugs. This works great.

Then I found that the Google Home Mini was on sale and bought that so that my dad could turn on and off the lights upstairs without having to yell downstairs. This is where the problems came in. Focusing in on the main issue, the Mini would say "... Please try again later". (Can't remember what it said first as indicated by the ..., but basically was saying that it wasn't working). If my dad yells down the stairs, things work, so it doesn't appear to be a network issue, and apparently this issue fixes itself in a day. My dad is legally blind and has mobility and dexterity issues, so he can't just unplug and replug the mini all of the time.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

A
    06-27-2019 05:20 PM
    Check the network strength where the mini is placed. You can try resetting the speaker to factory settings (don't worry you don't lose any data) but usually this means the network is not working properly in that location.
    06-27-2019 06:59 PM
    How would I check the network strength? Use the laptop that is right next to it? It shows full strength.
    06-28-2019 03:10 PM
    Unfortunately no way to actually check it on the device other than moving it to a different location that might be more favorable. Not sure how often you can get it to fail to do a test, but if possible (since you know the main one works fine where it is), place the mini there or right next to it, mute the main Home, and test there. If it fails there, then you know it's not the network and might be just a faulty Mini.

But always try resetting the speaker first.
    06-28-2019 07:42 PM