I was just wondering. Do you have to say ok Google or can you just say Google. Cause if In the case I say ok Google my Nexus 6p, pixel C and Google home all start bringing then searching at the same time. Anyway to differentiate the two?
    10-04-2016 05:38 PM
    In the presentation on Google Home I recall seeing something about logic in the "OK Google" call (now Google Assistant) that allows the devices to talk to each other and decide which one to use to service the request. That allows you to have multiple Home devices in range and they will determine which one heard you the best and have that one respond/process the request.
    YAYTech likes this.
    10-04-2016 06:39 PM
    What hallux said is at least true if you have multiple Google Home speakers. Hopefully it'll also integrate phones, tablets, etc, because otherwise we'll end up with exactly that problem.

I'd also like to see custom phrase support, which would help with not setting off your friends' phones, as well as just be a cool feature. Surely Motorola doesn't have some kind of patent/rights to that feature.
    10-04-2016 07:12 PM
    I was just wondering. Do you have to say ok Google or can you just say Google. Cause if In the case I say ok Google my Nexus 6p, pixel C and Google home all start bringing then searching at the same time. Anyway to differentiate the two?
    They said in the presentation that only the device that hears you the best will trigger.
    10-05-2016 11:08 AM
    What hallux said is at least true if you have multiple Google Home speakers. Hopefully it'll also integrate phones, tablets, etc, because otherwise we'll end up with exactly that problem.

I'd also like to see custom phrase support, which would help with not setting off your friends' phones, as well as just be a cool feature. Surely Motorola doesn't have some kind of patent/rights to that feature.
    He specifically said it will also work among other devices.
    10-05-2016 11:09 AM
    He specifically said it will also work among other devices.
    Went back & watched that part again
    1:12:35
    )

and it sounds like you're right - he said it will respond intelligently across Google Home and Android devices. I do assume those Android devices need to have Google Assistant on them, so older phones may still be "dumb" about responding.
    10-05-2016 02:07 PM
    Went back & watched that part again
    1:12:35
    )

and it sounds like you're right - he said it will respond intelligently across Google Home and Android devices. I do assume those Android devices need to have Google Assistant on them, so older phones may still be "dumb" about responding.
    Possibly
    10-09-2016 12:13 AM