I wonder how or if these will work with Google Home? I'll probably be able to cast google play music to my sonos speakers but I have my doubts about how good the user experience will be trying to control that with my voice. Might be easier to just use my phone and my fingers.

To control wemo light switches with my voice, will I have to go through ifttt?
    11-03-2016 09:27 AM
    Right now you'll have to go through IFTTT for WEMO. I'm sure they'll add support eventually though.
    11-03-2016 10:14 AM
    I have Sonos (getting my Google Home in the next day or two) but so far I don't believe Home can talk to Sonos directly (without something like Smartthings).

Hoping that it happens soon though.
    11-03-2016 08:54 PM
    11-03-2016 08:57 PM
    What Sonos needs to do is add support for Google Cast built in... I would consider buying their speakers if they added this.
    11-04-2016 08:31 AM
    You can cast from google play music on your phone or tablet to sonos speakers but it's kind of silly because you could just as easily open the sonos app and just play whatever you want.

Btw wemo light switches and switches work like a charm with google home. You just set up a quick little recipe on ifttt. At bedtime my wife or I just say ok google turn off the lights and all the lights inside and outside the house go off. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is say ok google make some coffee and she says ok making a pot of coffee. I can't recommend wemo light switches highly enough. They're way cheaper than hue bulbs and you can control lots of lights with one light switch.
    11-14-2016 09:55 PM
    You can cast from google play music on your phone or tablet to sonos speakers but it's kind of silly because you could just as easily open the sonos app and just play whatever you want.
    Why is cast support kind of silly?

With cast support there's no app to install and absolutely no setup whatsoever on your phone... You just open whatever music app you already have on your phone and hit the cast button to start using your speakers. And anyone else who's on your network can use them also without no setup. Also, you can create groups with any cast enabled speakers... Pretty sure Sonos doesn't support making a group with Polk or any other speakers with their app. I'll take cast support any day over a proprietary speaker app.
    11-20-2016 05:34 PM
    Where do you get your WeMo and for how much? The hue bulbs are only $14.99 pretty much everywhere. I wouldn't mind a few if they were the same price or lower.
    01-02-2017 11:12 AM
    Where do you get your WeMo and for how much? The hue bulbs are only $14.99 pretty much everywhere. I wouldn't mind a few if they were the same price or lower.
    Watch Amazon the switches and light switches go on sale often.
    01-02-2017 12:02 PM
    I got a set of Wemo Insight plugs and they work well.

I'm looking forward to Home having full support of these. I've tried IFTTT and got totally confused as to how to use it let alone use it with Home.
    01-03-2017 01:12 PM
    I got a set of Wemo Insight plugs and they work well.

I'm looking forward to Home having full support of these. I've tried IFTTT and got totally confused as to how to use it let alone use it with Home.
    IFTTT is pretty easy, just flow the prompts and set the correct phrasing. You have to use the exact phrasing you set in the recipe so you should use a variety of phrases to cover a variety of use cases.
    01-03-2017 05:46 PM
    Thanks to a WEMO forum "how to" I finally figured out how to get my WEMO's to work. So darn simple, can't believe it tripped me up so much prior to this.
    01-12-2017 08:43 AM
    I'm still interested to see how well WeMo stuff works natively with GH when they roll that out.

IFTTT works pretty well, though it seems limited in a few ways. I do really like that I can use completely custom verbal commands and responses with GH. Very cool :-)
    OhAlfie likes this.
    01-15-2017 08:25 AM
    Just saw that WeMo is now supported directly in the Home app...The switches and insights anyway, not the bulbs.

Nice that I can group them by room, and that there's virtually no delay as there can be through IFTTT. I still love that I can customize Home's verbal response through IFTTT. Hopefully Google brings that little feature in natively at some point!
    OhAlfie likes this.
    01-24-2017 07:57 PM
    Glad WEMO is supported now.

I do like IFTTT now that I figured it out. My kids like that we can say "Ok Google, I can't see" and she replies with "Let there be light" to turn on our lights. Google I'm sure is a bit more boring to activate the lights. LOL
    01-25-2017 09:09 AM