04-26-2017 06:08 AM
73 123
tools
    I want it to be able to sync more with my phone
    Do you mean syncing with phone itself or the Google Home?.....please explain in more detail of want you want to do
    01-06-2017 09:41 PM
    Do you mean syncing with phone itself or the Google Home?.....please explain in more detail of want you want to do
    Just in general... As of now the home doesn't really do anything with phones... Like if I ask things to the home I can then say send that to my phone instead of having to ask my phone... If I asked for a phone number I can say call that number and it calls on my phone... Just small things like that... Just make the phone and the home work together better
    01-06-2017 11:06 PM
    Just in general... As of now the home doesn't really do anything with phones... Like if I ask things to the home I can then say send that to my phone instead of having to ask my phone... If I asked for a phone number I can say call that number and it calls on my phone... Just small things like that... Just make the phone and the home work together better
    Steven.....yes, as of now "GH" cannot make phone calls..........just yet.Google is in the process of adding many new features, however this will take a litle more time from what I read. Many 3rd party vendors are signing on as I write this to bring some terrific functions to GH. We all have to give them some time here, heck it was just released for sale only most recently. I think as time goes on we will see GH's doing all sorts of tasks that right now we could only imagine. The REASON I bought GH and not Alexa is simply because it has Google's tech engineers behind it and the world's best 3rd party tech vendors, too. Alexa " may get the most dates right now" than GH, however you watch and see... Google will pass it and wave "bye-bye" in it's rearview mirror in the coming near future. Google is the tech behemoth NOT Amazon. Amazon is an on line giant of giant's retailer granted, but you tell me who is the better tech co.......hands down.....Google, easily. So, I based my choice on the above logic. If we are all a little patient, GH will surprise all with lots of sweet tech goodies...I feel that confident...............now if it would just make my Mom's meatloaf.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    01-07-2017 03:20 AM
    Steven.....yes, as of now "GH" cannot make phone calls..........just yet.Google is in the process of adding many new features, however this will take a litle more time from what I read. Many 3rd party vendors are signing on as I write this to bring some terrific functions to GH. We all have to give them some time here, heck it was just released for sale only most recently. I think as time goes on we will see GH's doing all sorts of tasks that right now we could only imagine. The REASON I bought GH and not Alexa is simply because it has Google's tech engineers behind it and the world's best 3rd party tech vendors, too. Alexa " may get the most dates right now" than GH, however you watch and see... Google will pass it and wave "bye-bye" in it's rearview mirror in the coming near future. Google is the tech behemoth NOT Amazon. Amazon is an on line giant of giant's retailer granted, but you tell me who is the better tech co.......hands down.....Google, easily. So, I based my choice on the above logic. If we are all a little patient, GH will surprise all with lots of sweet tech goodies...I feel that confident...............now if it would just make my Mom's meatloaf.
    People probably would have said the same thing about Microsoft compared to Google when Android started up and you see their market share. If you followed CES, most everyone integrated Alexa and not Google assistant. Sure it could change, but I don't think Google needs to underestimate Amazon. They're killing them right now. Hopefully that'll make them move even more quickly with new features. The thing is, people have to want to integrate with it. Google can't make them. I've got both a Home and a bunch of echos so I'll be along for the ride. I'm sure it'll be fun.
    01-08-2017 07:19 PM
    People probably would have said the same thing about Microsoft compared to Google when Android started up and you see their market share. If you followed CES, most everyone integrated Alexa and not Google assistant. Sure it could change, but I don't think Google needs to underestimate Amazon. They're killing them right now. Hopefully that'll make them move even more quickly with new features. The thing is, people have to want to integrate with it. Google can't make them. I've got both a Home and a bunch of echos so I'll be along for the ride. I'm sure it'll be fun.
    Well sure the Alexa has been integrated, my goodness they have had alot of time to do so, too. Just wait and see what Google Home will turn out to be in near future. A good friend of mine has a high up engineer friend with Google coporate so I hear some tid bits another reason why I went with "GH". This is interesting....just a couple nights ago on nat'l tv news they said Alexa has been trying to order items from Amazon by some owners!....they think Alexa has been picking up inadvertant home conversations about some at home saying I need to buy this or that and Alexa picks it up sometimes as an order to Amazon!..... amd since Amazon has some customers's cc's stored in their system---- watch out. That little girl a couple weeks ago on the news got sent I think it was 16 dolls of the same and 4lbs of cookies through an Alexa goof....thats not good....and yet maybe it was...parents should not have to pay a dime on this Amazon/Alexa error and keep what they got. Kind of funny. I just feel I have made the right decision for me, besides since I just got it from Walmart I have 90 days to decide.....very nice.....and Google has already hired many 3rd party vendors for GH implementaion of near future services. This I know is factual.
    01-08-2017 10:19 PM
    Oh wow! I never even thought about accidently ordering things on the echo... I'm sure they have something in place that makes you confirm items before purchasing... Idk if I believe those stories but if it's true they should be reimbursed all their money
    01-09-2017 07:50 PM
    Oh wow! I never even thought about accidently ordering things on the echo... I'm sure they have something in place that makes you confirm items before purchasing... Idk if I believe those stories but if it's true they should be reimbursed all their money
    You can add a pin code to your voice ordering, with that set you must say your pin before the order is processed. Honestly I am amazed anyone wouldn't have this enabled while keeping voice ordering wide open.

Then again a lot of people think thier zip code or birth date is a good password too.

Amazon has some of the best customer service out there I highly doubt they made any of these errant orders require return shipping charges, despite the fact that it in all honesty is the owners fault for allowing voice ordering to be enabled without any security.
    01-10-2017 07:25 AM
    Yeah I have a pin code enabled so I don't ever order anything by accident. Some people aren't smart enough to do that though.
    01-10-2017 11:36 AM
    Let's just hope that Google Home doesn't end up like android wear and other google projects. They have great intentions but everything ends up half assed and we never get a complete solution. I hear all these announcements of things to come but has there been any real updates since this was released?
    01-19-2017 11:24 AM
    Hi Gus_Gutz no updates yet. I am thanking about going out this weekend and buying a Amazon echo dot.
    01-19-2017 07:45 PM
    There have been a number of server-side updates that opened access to several additional services. Integration with IFTTT is also available. It's still a work in progress, but there has been progress nonetheless.
    OhAlfie and Stevenmc8602 like this.
    01-20-2017 10:38 AM
    There have been a number of server-side updates that opened access to several additional services. Integration with IFTTT is also available. It's still a work in progress, but there has been progress nonetheless.
    Do you have any specifics on this? I have seen nothing yet.
    01-22-2017 05:16 PM
    Do you have any specifics on this? I have seen nothing yet.
    At my fingertips? No. I saw an update on this site a while back, though. I trust you're as capable of finding it as I am.
    01-22-2017 08:14 PM
    Wemo and Honeywell added to Google Home controls.
    01-24-2017 06:55 PM
    Hi Gus_Gutz no updates yet. I am thanking about going out this weekend and buying a Amazon echo dot.
    There have been tons of new services added. 64 as of now.
    01-25-2017 12:32 AM
    Shadoweave when ? I have not noticed any updates or new services on my google home System yet
    01-25-2017 12:38 AM
    Wish there was some sort of "Update" via the Google Home app (like all other apps) that pops on to show what all has been updated. Only way I knew WEMO was onboard was due to this forum. So not sure what else I'm missing at this point.
    01-25-2017 02:35 PM
    Shadoweave when ? I have not noticed any updates or new services on my google home System yet
    Third parties are building apps compliant with the google home. You won't get firmware update for those you'll get updates through the Home app. The device will get smarter and more functional as more third parties hop on board. Many of these take the form of services as I've mentioned.
    01-25-2017 03:15 PM
    Simple voice commands will allow the Google Assistant to know what you want. I have collected a list google commands. These are the ones I know will work with Google Assistant as of today.

Basic Commands

Request help: “OK Google, help.”
    Volume adjustments: “Louder,” “OK Google, turn it up” or my favorite one “Turn it up to 11.”
    Stop an action: “OK Google, Stop,” “Pause” or “Be Quiet.”

Action Commands

Add an item to a shopping list: “OK Google, add milk to my shopping list.”
    Check what is on a shopping list: “OK Google, what is on my shopping list?”
    Recipes: “OK Google, how do I make Coq Au Vin?”
    Alarm: “OK Google set the alarm for 7:00 am.”
    Snooze alarm: “OK Google, snooze alarm.”
    Cancel alarm: “OK Google, cancel alarm for 7:00 am.”
    Current location: “OK Google, where am I?”
    Current Time: “OK Google, what time is it?”
    Translations: “OK Google, how do I say where is the hotel in Italian?”
    International time: “OK Google, what time is it in Florence, Italy?”
    Roll the dice: “OK Google, roll a die” or “OK Google, roll a 6-sided die.”
    Flip a coin: “OK Google, flip a coin.”
    Equations: “OK Google, how much is 5% of 235?”
    Measurements: “OK Google, how many tablespoons equal 1/8 cup?”
    Set a timer: “OK Google, set a timer for 60 minutes.”

Here you will get full list of Google Home Command
    https://www.homesecuritylist.com/goo...commands-list/
    03-16-2017 12:56 PM
    I just want something easy.. Hey Google add to calendar
    03-18-2017 04:04 PM
    There are work-arounds for alot of this stuff including creating calendar events: https://forum.xda-developers.com/u/t...using-t3575345
    03-19-2017 12:56 PM
    It would be nice if it would even be able to run an API and report back the result.
    04-03-2017 07:17 AM
    How about some sort of volume normalizing?

The level of some of the podcasts in my morning briefing is all over the place.
    04-26-2017 06:08 AM
73 123