Not coming to the UK

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Read that Google Home isn't coming to the UK - anyone else heard this?

For some reason, just can't see myself ordering an Echo and calling a black tube 'Alexa'.

Was going to wait for Google Home but looks like it isn't destined here anytime soon.

:(

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, no I haven't heard that it's not coming to the UK - where did you read this?

It's only been released in the US thus far, a global rollout will more than likely happen in 2017.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Well it's not in the UK now, but if Q1 passes and you don't have one yet or at the very least an announcement feel free to raise hell.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Read that Google Home isn't coming to the UK - anyone else heard this?

For some reason, just can't see myself ordering an Echo and calling a black tube 'Alexa'.

Was going to wait for Google Home but looks like it isn't destined here anytime soon.

:(

Go ahead and get an Amazon Echo Dot. It may not be as robust in the info dept. as Google Home but then you can control so many smart devices that Google Home has yet to embrace. I have both and I love them.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
"For some reason, just can't see myself ordering an Echo and calling a black tube 'Alexa'."

Then buy a white one. Are you really going to feel any more sophisticated saying "OK Google" to an oversized Renuzit air freshener?

DocMekon

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I imported one, bought a dot a few weeks earlier. The dot has far more app support but echo has been out for 2 years. Was amazed that you couldn't cast from Dot to Firestick and love how Home and Chromecasts work. Bit surprised by lack of googles own services not fully supported but these will come in time. Answers queries much better than Alexa and understands follow on questions which Alexa doesn't. Really looking forward to seeing what it can do and its UK release whenever that will be!

Steve28

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
It took almost two years for Amazon's Echo to come to the UK... So I don't think you can draw any conclusion from Google home being out in the US for 22 days and it not yet being available the UK.

Steve28

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Yep Google doesn't care about outside the US

That's not what I said.... I said these things take time and 22 days is way too short to conclude "they don't care"

They are a US company and they developed it In the US and its easier to release it here. There no export rules or different regulations, etc.

Remember Spotify when it started? It was in Europe for a long time before coming to the US... doesn't mean they didn't care. It's just the reality of every country having different laws, taxes, etc.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's not what I said.... I said these things take time and 22 days is way too short to conclude "they don't care"

They are a US company and they developed it In the US and its easier to release it here. There no export rules or different regulations, etc.

Remember Spotify when it started? It was in Europe for a long time before coming to the US... doesn't mean they didn't care. It's just the reality of every country having different laws, taxes, etc.
That's crazy I didn't realize Spotify started in the UK. Just thought we got it first like almost everything else lol. Well isn't that interesting. I learned something new. I think Google would be crazy to ignore other markets though. They could get much more data that way.

TremF

May 28, 2015
Visit site
If you are willing to pay a little more then get an imported one. I bought one from a guy on Ebay who lives in the UK but visits the US regularly and brought some back with him. Setup was quick and easy and it works really well. I actually prefer the Home to my Echo/Dot's but enjoy the benefits both offer.

I'm tempted to get more so that I can take advantage of the multi room for music :)

MikeCorsten

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
If you are willing to pay a little more then get an imported one. I bought one from a guy on Ebay who lives in the UK but visits the US regularly and brought some back with him. Setup was quick and easy and it works really well. I actually prefer the Home to my Echo/Dot's but enjoy the benefits both offer.

I'm tempted to get more so that I can take advantage of the multi room for music :)

Can you give any info on this, i.e. what's working and what's not working on the Home device?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci