Music Playback just stopping

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Google Home is great at starting my weirdly named playlists BUT it can't seem to keep it up, so to speak. It will start the playlist and then about three or four songs in, the music just stops.

So I have a Galaxy Tab (always plugged in so Google Now is always listening on that in the back of the house), an LG G3 and my main phone, a GS7E. It seems when I ask Home to play music, my S7E tells me GPM is being cast to it.

I was sort of under the impression that Home, being on my home network, could go online all by itself, access my GPM account and just stream the music directly. Is that not the case? Are my other devices confusing it?

When I ask it to resume playback, it tells me nothing is playing. Maybe this is just an early adopter issue, I don't know. Anyone else having their music (playlists) suddenly stop?

I'm using a TP-Link OnHub for my WiFi; solid connections, all the time.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Google Home is great at starting my weirdly named playlists BUT it can't seem to keep it up, so to speak. It will start the playlist and then about three or four songs in, the music just stops.

So I have a Galaxy Tab (always plugged in so Google Now is always listening on that in the back of the house), an LG G3 and my main phone, a GS7E. It seems when I ask Home to play music, my S7E tells me GPM is being cast to it.

I was sort of under the impression that Home, being on my home network, could go online all by itself, access my GPM account and just stream the music directly. Is that not the case? Are my other devices confusing it?

When I ask it to resume playback, it tells me nothing is playing. Maybe this is just an early adopter issue, I don't know. Anyone else having their music (playlists) suddenly stop?

I'm using a TP-Link OnHub for my WiFi; solid connections, all the time.
It's a known issue. Google hasn't fixed it yet. There's been a couple of articles on the net about it as well. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. Luckily It doesn't happen that often for me. Also, that notification is just letting you know that Google Home is playing something. It's not actually casting from the device. There's a way to turn it off in the settings.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Thanks both of you. I do hope Google fixes the issue. I notice if I ask it to simply play an artist (not a playlist) the music doesn't stop. So it probably has something to do with accessing our accounts.

I know the bug will get worked out. Google has way too much riding on this thing. Not to mention how many units it likely sold over the holidays. Overall, I'm still very happy with it.

Berwolf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Similar issue with GPM, but mine occurs whenever I cast to Google home or a Chromecast.

I get the following 2 errors, does anyone see these as well when the casting stops?

30eeebd998e0dbcccc1b4911cd023fab.jpg
ec25d98c95ff09982a018c0d471868c5.jpg

Don't judge the music choice, it was for the kids.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I get that all the time. I kind of have to stick with GPM (very long story) but I don't love it. Google has not done a major overhaul to GPM....well, ever. And it is a major PAID service. The lack of syncing between devices is ridiculous (what is that some sort of Spotify patent or something?). I go from GPM on my laptop to phones to tablet. My recents lists are different on every device. You also can't pause a song on your computer and resume playback on your phone in the car.

I mean over 90% of the time, I do not have playback issues. I can drive for a full hour with no interruptions but the services is still wonky. I'm sure that is contributing to the Google Home playback issues. Google needs to give GPM the same love it gives Gmail and YouTube.

I don't really have a solution for the playback error issues. Most of the time I simply clear the cache or reinstall the app altogether. That seems to help for a while.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I ran into this problem over the weekend. Was trying to do some stuff around the house while playing a Christmas classic station via voice command through G-Home. It would play one track but then stop. I then tried just casting from my Vizio Tablet remote and it would present the same errors in the previous post with screenshots on the first track playing then when the next should begin.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I really wish I knew Google knew there is a problem and is working on it. I have yet to lodge any formal kind of complaint. I probably should as I'm sure the company will respond. Would just like to know better things are coming from this service.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I really wish I knew Google knew there is a problem and is working on it. I have yet to lodge any formal kind of complaint. I probably should as I'm sure the company will respond. Would just like to know better things are coming from this service.
They know it's an issue. Like I said, there have been articles about it. Those articles point to a Google support ticket being open and Google people actively trying to find the source. Who knows how long it'll take though. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later cause I love my music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20