Hey you guys see this yet? It appears that on April 10th, you will not be able to use the Shopping list on Google Keep to sync anymore.

https://9to5google.com/2017/04/08/go...ist-keep-move/

I like that feature and wish they would keep it. They should at least give people the choice.

Even though I have 2 Google Homes, I recently bought an Echo Dot to try out. I figure $50 wasn't bad to play around with another toy.

Anyway, I think I'll end up using Alexa now for lists, reminders, calendar and home control and just relegate Google Home for music.
    04-08-2017 10:19 PM
    It'll still work but it's moving to assistant instead of Keep. That'll make it accessible from Google home or via any Android phone running 6.0 or higher.
    04-08-2017 10:43 PM
    It'll still work but it's moving to assistant instead of Keep. That'll make it accessible from Google home or via any Android phone running 6.0 or higher.
    It's moving into their Express shopping app. Which I don't have any reason to use. I am not going to order toilet paper or soap, or whatever like that online that I get at the grocery store.

So instead of Google programming in ways to access other lists in Keep, they just stop it all together. A bunch of crap if you ask me.

Plus I use an iPhone. I like Google keep for my shopping list integrated with Home, plus I like the widget.

Lucky I bought the Echo Dot. Like I said, for me at least, Google Home has been turning more into just a music player since I got the Dot.

Google like Apple, seems like they don't want to give you choices, it's just their way or the highway.
    04-08-2017 10:53 PM
    I can't see it being long before we have Keep integration, they seem to be putting a lot into it.

For shopping lists, I'd prefer Bring support though
    04-09-2017 03:10 AM
    You forgot to say - any Android phone running 6.0 or higher AND connected to mobile data or WiFi.
    04-10-2017 01:39 PM
    You forgot to say - any Android phone running 6.0 or higher AND connected to mobile data or WiFi.
    Sorry, I guess I assumed that'd be self-evident?
    04-10-2017 01:40 PM
    I'm starting to lean towards the highway.
    04-10-2017 01:43 PM
    So will I not be able to access my list if I cannot access data on my phone at the grocery store? Right now list has my items and I can access it offline. My grocery store seems to block data once I walk in the door. I wont use their free wifi
    04-10-2017 10:28 PM
    So will I not be able to access my list if I cannot access data on my phone at the grocery store? Right now list has my items and I can access it offline. My grocery store seems to block data once I walk in the door. I wont use their free wifi
    Google Express can be opened through Chrome and the page can be saved for offline viewing in that particular case.
    04-10-2017 10:30 PM
    Google Express can be opened through Chrome and the page can be saved for offline viewing in that particular case.
    So rather than just open the app I have to go and open this Express in chrome and save it to my phone? I do not use chrome on my phone.
    04-10-2017 10:33 PM
    So rather than just open the app I have to go and open this Express in chrome and save it to my phone? I do not use chrome on my phone.
    I'll probably go back to using a pen and post-it note when I go shopping.
    Dictating lists or reminders would be a great use for the GH. Maybe it will happen when separate accounts are allowed.
    04-11-2017 12:36 PM
    I contacted Google about not being able to access the list when there is no internet access, mobile data or wifi, and their response is to take a screen shot of the list and use that.
    04-21-2017 06:56 AM
    "F" Google! I switched to the app "OurGroceries". Yes, it is 4 or 5 bucks... but it works better than Keep ever did.
    04-22-2017 07:48 AM
    "F" Google! I switched to the app "OurGroceries". Yes, it is 4 or 5 bucks... but it works better than Keep ever did.
    does it work with Google Home?
    04-25-2017 09:58 PM
    does it work with Google Home?
    Yup… "Hey Google, tell our groceries to add whiskey to Safeway"

In this case 'Safeway' is one of my shopping lists. You can also set any list to be the default. I made Safeway my default so I just say "Hey Google, tell our groceries to add whiskey", and it responds that it added it to Safeway.

You can set up categories and order them any way that you want (I order them based on aisles in the grocery store). Once you assign a category for an item, it remembers it going forward so if you add it again the category is automatically assigned.
    Stevenmc8602 likes this.
    04-26-2017 12:51 PM
    Lame.

I hate that I get kicked out to the web when I want to manage my list. I just use a simple checklist, so having it in Keep was perfect.
    04-26-2017 06:21 PM