After the latest update the Google Home app on my Galaxy S7, my wife's Galaxy S7 and our Samsung S2 Tablet our app is unusable pretty much. Super laggy and no responsive and even crashing.

Anyone else experience this?

Have 7 Google Homes, 3 Chromecasts, and 3 Chromecast Audios. Not sure if the amount of devices makes a difference?
    04-20-2017 08:12 PM
    Have you already tried going to the App Manager, selecting Google Home, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data?
    04-20-2017 08:51 PM
    Yeah I definitely tried that thanks. I did finally manage to figure out. Basically whatever changes they made in the last update it can't handle the amount of Google devices I own.

Tested this by factory resetting and removing all devices from my account. I just did one Google Home and it works fine. As I added devices to my account I noticed the performance hit until it is unusable. Basically if you have more than 5 devices running on your network it can't handle it.

I have 7 Homes, 3 Chromecasts, and 3 Chromecast audios. I don't think they tested for uses with multiple devices I guess..

I provided feedback etc but I doubt I will see any fixes any time soon. Really sucks..
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-22-2017 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the info -- that's good to know! I'd be interested to see if anyone else encounters the same issue with that number of Chromecast devices.
    04-23-2017 10:06 PM