Music listening options without Google play subscription.

segag1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm near the end of my 6 month google play music subscription that came free with the device. Wife has apple music which she doesn't want to give up on and i don't want to subscribe to two services. Does Google home work well without the subscription? I know Apple music is a no go for Home. What are my options?What are you using?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you told your wife y'all can share Google play music with YouTube red on her iPhone (I'm assuming she has an iPhone bc she is using Apple music), Google home, and your phone for fairly cheap?

I can't answer the original question because I have had GPM subscription since it debuted at $7.99

You would still be able to listen to Pandora and the other free services GPM free without a subscription I think it'll just play commercials with them

segag1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you told your wife y'all can share Google play music with YouTube red on her iPhone (I'm assuming she has an iPhone bc she is using Apple music), Google home, and your phone for fairly cheap?

I can't answer the original question because I have had GPM subscription since it debuted at $7.99

You would still be able to listen to Pandora and the other free services GPM free without a subscription I think it'll just play commercials with them

She's on a iphone and won't let go of Apple music, so that's that.

Today was the first day post the expiry and it does work fine so far. Hasn't played any commercials but it says "I did not find that song in your library, here's a similar mix from GPM" and then plays the song. I guess i don't mind that. But watching commercials in youtube again feels wrong for some reason.
Lol.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
She's on a iphone and won't let go of Apple music, so that's that.

Today was the first day post the expiry and it does work fine so far. Hasn't played any commercials but it says "I did not find that song in your library, here's a similar mix from GPM" and then plays the song. I guess i don't mind that. But watching commercials in youtube again feels wrong for some reason.
Lol.
I understand that...I forgot there were commercials and then I watched a video on mother's phone and got quickly reminded lol