Protection Plan for Google Home?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I am planning on buying a Google Home from Best Buy and its asking if I want a protection plan. Its only $10 but is it even necessary?

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
99.9% of the time you don't need it. Consumer Reports recommends not getting them. OTOH, if you actually need it it's really nice to have. But I wouldn't get one for a Home.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
99.9% of the time you don't need it. Consumer Reports recommends not getting them. OTOH, if you actually need it it's really nice to have. But I wouldn't get one for a Home.
Consumer reports is the reason so many people leave stores upset after they try to return something once their kids or pets or they accidently damage it... I used to work in a few major retail places and saw so many people say it is a waste of money to get them but then try to return something damage... The value of protection plans are completely dependent on the person and the product. If u know you typically never damage anything then I say skip over the plan but if u know you are accident prone get it. Manufacturer warranties only cover manufacturer defects meaning if they have any doubt that it wasn't completely their fault they'll try to make u pay for it where as most protection plans covers everything except theft/lost and some even cover that too

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I have had my Home for over a year now, since the first day they were available, and have had no issues whatsoever. So from my personal experience...no...the extra money for an extra protection plan would have been a waste. Just my personal experience & opinion.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've got some ornery *** dogs, so on expensive things I like the reassurance (especially if the cost is something small like your example, op).

crissa1

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
"Hi, I just got an google home and i am satisfy with it. and it is hard for me to make it shut when there is a conversation that must be private. So it comes to me to make a device that can easily shut alexa from listening by saying ""privacy"".
i am making the project not to earn profit i just want to help everyone to gain there privacy in an easiest way. Just like the device did to me. And i just need a little help to make the project successful. so just personally message me if want to know more about the project.

I am too excited to tell everyone how cool is it ."

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
How long will it stop listening for? I'm guessing it will have a set time, because if it's not listening, you won't be able to turn it back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall