Can Google Home send map directions to my Android phone?

stodge

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I have an Android phone and a Chromebook. Can I get Google Home to send map directions to another device, partcularily my phone? The Home app doesn't show my phone as a device so I guess Home doesn't know it by name.

My phone is probably an older version of Android, perhaps 6.x.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you just use Google Maps on the phone? The directions should be the same or similar.

stodge

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I could, I assume the Assistant would do the same job on my phone. I charge my phone in a different room so I think it would be useful to as home to end directions to the phone while im getting ready to go out if I suddenly decide I need them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really ought to be the same, although there can sometimes be very minor differences if you search for directions on a different device, depending on what traffic conditions are like at the time of the search.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when you ask about (how long it takes/how far it is) a place on the Google home it ask you if you want it to send directions to your phone

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to get directions sent to the GH app. Now it comes to my notification shade (Galaxy S7).
My GH app shows "phone" under "show all devices". Settings/More settings/Devices/Show all Devices
So if I ask GH for directions, it tells me the best way to get there and then says directions were sent to my phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When you ask for directions from Google Home it should send the directions to your phone after it states the traffic and whatnot.

stodge

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. Home said it had sent them but there was no indication of this on my phone. Will continue to experiment. :)

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Home said it had sent them but there was no indication of this on my phone. Will continue to experiment. :)
It doesn't go to the home app it just send an assistant notification to the notification bar which opens up the assistant home page... Make sure your notifications for assistant is on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781