Google home won't turn on/off lights by room anymore

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
We have been using a Google Home and Google Home Hub for about 2 years and have lights and plugs from Geeni, TP Link (Kasa) and Phillips Hue. Overall, we have been happy with our Google Home experience until recently. Our problem has gotten progressively worse over the past few weeks.

For about the past 2-3 weeks we have been struggling with google home, by voice it will turn on/off individual lights but will not turn on/off lights by room. We can individually turn a light on in any room by saying "turn on curio light" or "turn on reading light", etc.

We used to be able to turn on all the lights in a room by saying "turn on living room lights" or "turn on the living room lights", etc. Now when we say "turn on living room lights", it plays a song on Google Play Music titled "When I turn off the living room lights". In other rooms, it just says "I'm sorry, I can't help with that", etc. and does not turn on/off the lights in that room.

I have tried hard resetting the Google Home Hub, clearing cache and storage on the Google Home app, reconnecting accounts for the different bulbs and outlets. So far nothing has worked. I am about ready to pull all of the smart home devices out of my house, this all has been very frustrating.

Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any solutions?

Imarek3

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Have you cleared the phones cache partition and rebooted? Doubkecheck your apps settings, as it sounds like you made a group of individual plugs?
Good luck

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
We have been using a Google Home and Google Home Hub for about 2 years and have lights and plugs from Geeni, TP Link (Kasa) and Phillips Hue. Overall, we have been happy with our Google Home experience until recently. Our problem has gotten progressively worse over the past few weeks.

For about the past 2-3 weeks we have been struggling with google home, by voice it will turn on/off individual lights but will not turn on/off lights by room. We can individually turn a light on in any room by saying "turn on curio light" or "turn on reading light", etc.

We used to be able to turn on all the lights in a room by saying "turn on living room lights" or "turn on the living room lights", etc. Now when we say "turn on living room lights", it plays a song on Google Play Music titled "When I turn off the living room lights". In other rooms, it just says "I'm sorry, I can't help with that", etc. and does not turn on/off the lights in that room.

I have tried hard resetting the Google Home Hub, clearing cache and storage on the Google Home app, reconnecting accounts for the different bulbs and outlets. So far nothing has worked. I am about ready to pull all of the smart home devices out of my house, this all has been very frustrating.

Anyone experiencing the same issue or have any solutions?

Imarek3

I noticed it wouldn't turn my tv off this evening. Usually I can turn it on and off with my voice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21