Dropped Calls on AT&T with Nexus one??

shazo

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing dropped calls on the n1 on att network. this is happening quite often. any feedback? thanks everyone

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I am having a few dropped calls here and there but the problem is the person im talking to has a iphone so im not sure if its her phone or my phone thats dropping the call

robsw

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have slightly more dropped calls on my N1 than I had on my BB9700. It's still incredibly infrequent and almost always when talking to a friend with an iPhone. So who knows?

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have slightly more dropped calls on my N1 than I had on my BB9700. It's still incredibly infrequent and almost always when talking to a friend with an iPhone. So who knows?

Same thing when I'm talking to my wife who has a iphone, but it is happened a few other times talking to non-iphone users. I figured it was my cheek touching the end call screen button, so now I switch screens when I make a call and haven't had a dropped call since..so who knows.

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Nexus one reception blows. I've been on at&t in NYC for years. The reception used to suck but over the past year has really gotten very strong. My iPhone 3GS & my Blackberry Bold work perfectly on the network. Unfortunately My n1 has a MAJOR issue where about 2 out of every 5 incoming calls (approximately), I will answer and the person on the other end cannot hear me. I can hear them fine but I have to hang up and call them back and then everything is fine. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. The phone also definitely drops more calls than the others devices but not really at an alarming rate.

Edit: also wanted to add that it's definitely not due to my finger being held over the 2nd mic. I'm very careful to avoid that.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Nexus one reception blows. I've been on at&t in NYC for years. The reception used to suck but over the past year has really gotten very strong. My iPhone 3GS & my Blackberry Bold work perfectly on the network. Unfortunately My n1 has a MAJOR issue where about 2 out of every 5 incoming calls (approximately), I will answer and the person on the other end cannot hear me. I can hear them fine but I have to hang up and call them back and then everything is fine. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. The phone also definitely drops more calls than the others devices but not really at an alarming rate.

Edit: also wanted to add that it's definitely not due to my finger being held over the 2nd mic. I'm very careful to avoid that.

That's not a phone issue, but a network issue, how many of the people you are calling have iPhones?

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I just want to add that I love the N1 and deal with this issue b/c I think it is superior to the iPhone in many ways. But with that being said, anyone who believes the 3G issues are a "network issue" is simply fooling themselves. This phone has more calling problems than any phone I've ever used on at&t.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
At home I had terrible signal strength with AT&T. The N1 dropped just as many calls as my iPhone 3GS. I recently forked out the $ for the AT&T Microcell (really a femtocell) and now have perfect signal strength and terrific sound quality.
Of course I still have to deal with dropped calls every where else :(

jmwein

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have 5 bars virtually anywhere I go in the city. But with the N1 I will 100% of the time (without exception to date) drop a call in my building lobby where my iPhone would drop maybe 1/4 of the time (heavy concrete so the signal becomes weaker). And as previously stated, I could be at my desk at work with 5 full bars (always) and a call will come in and the person on the other end just will not hear me. I hear them fine but I have to hang up and call them back. It's extremely frustrating and something that doesn't happen to anyone else in my office or ever happened to me when I had my iPhone. That's why I say it is definitely a radio issue and not a network issue.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I am in Philadelphia, and have used 2 iPhones (3G and 3GS) on AT&T. They dropped calls daily, sometimes 3x or 4x. I would also get vm notifications when the phone didn't even ring.

I have since used a Bold 9700 3G and an AT&T 3G banded Nexus One. Neither one has shown the same issues. I also had a TMO banded Nexus on AT&T in 2G mode. Flawless.

I did experience what you mention where I dialed someone, could hear them but they couldn't hear me. Thing is, that person was on an iPhone.

shazo

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Dropped like 5 calls today so far. Plus my friend who has Verizon called me 6 times in a row and I could hear them perfect but they couldn't hear me at all. This is getting very annoying what can we do to solve this issue and I always have 5 bars around new York city