10-23-2010 02:23 PM
33 12
tools
    I haven't dropped any calls yet. However, I have had calls go right to voicemail (without my knowledge). This is a tough one. Is it the google voice integration? Maybe. But it happened with my iPhone too, so I say AT&T's fault.
    04-27-2010 03:58 PM
    What makes you think that there isn't high traffic in Miami and Houston???
    Houston is the 4th largest city, infront of Phoenix and behind New York, Los Angelas and Chicago.
    San Fran is 12th on the list, with about 1/3rd the population. Miami is also in the top 50, but I have a real hard time believing there is only 400,000 people there.
    I would say anyways, if its due to traffic, its a network issue, not a phone issue. I can tell you my city is on the list of the top 200 and ATT service was God Aweful. I didn't have data then, but I had so many dropped calls, I had to change carriers.

Edit, turns out I was right, Miami should really also include Hialeiah, Miami Gardens and Miramar, which are all in the top 250.
    B/c it doesn't have anything to do with how big the city it. It has to do with the density in which a large amount of people are accessing a cell tower. In cities like NYC and SF, there are millions of people in such a small area that the towers get overloaded. Houston might be a large city in terms of population but it's so spread out that it doesn't have the same effect. Anyway, I'm getting a replacement N1 tomorrow (I has a stuck pixel as stated in another thread) and I will let you know if it is a hardware issue with my specific phone. I know it's not a carrier issue b/c I've been on at&t for 8 yrs with plenty of different devices.
    04-27-2010 04:20 PM
    Didn't AT&T admit themselves that NYC and SF had issues when VZW was calling them out on TV commercials? You might have an issue with your phone but I've had 2 on AT&T now, both were great. I'm not buying into ALL N1's have 3G problems. Truth is, as great as all these new phones are feature-wise, they all have had 1 or 2 things that makes them not quite perfect. Nothing has been as reliable and all around problem free as the Blackberry Bold 9000 I used for 2 years. Never an issue, battery lasted 3+ days. If they put webkit and 6.0 on that, I would consider picking one up again.
    04-27-2010 05:04 PM
    I've actually had better luck with my N1 than I did with my iPhone 3G. I would drop calls daily and sometimes completely lose service for periods up to 15 minutes while within 5 miles of a tower. Data service would crash too. Ive only dropped two calls in the two months I've had my N1. I was in a poor service area at the time. So far I have been pleased with the call quality of my N1. I'm also still on the iPhone service plan and same SIM card.
    04-30-2010 10:40 AM
    I just spent 3 days in NYC, never dropped a call on my N1.
    05-01-2010 08:05 AM
    Is anyone experiencing dropped calls on the n1 on att network. this is happening quite often. any feedback? thanks everyone
    my husband and i both have that same issue with our phones. We both have att and nexus ones, when we have good service at our house, and when we called HTC they said they never heard of it before, but ive seen thousands of websites of people with this problem. I reallly think its the phone, my previous phone worked fine. so, hope thats helps in a way....
    09-29-2010 09:34 PM
    my husband and i both have that same issue with our phones. We both have att and nexus ones, when we have good service at our house, and when we called HTC they said they never heard of it before, but ive seen thousands of websites of people with this problem. I reallly think its the phone, my previous phone worked fine. so, hope thats helps in a way....
    Get this app: AT&T Mark the Spot - Android app on AppBrain

Install it, and use it immediately after every dropped call.
    09-30-2010 01:54 PM
    I too have the issue where if I answer a call on my N1 I have to wait a couple seconds before talking otherwise the other person can not hear me but I can hear them. I have had more dropped calls on my N1 than my iPhone 3GS.

I like my N1 but there are several issues with it that make me want to sell it and get a different android phone. Thinking of trying the Captivate or getting the streak once it has 2.2 in the next month or so.
    10-23-2010 02:23 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD