SMS Issue

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Every now and then texts just randomly stop working. I can't send any until I reboot my phone. Then it works fine again for a few days. I was in the middle of texting my friend when it happened, so literally a minute before I couldn't send texts, I was sending them fine.

Anyone know why it does this, or if there's a permanent fix? Rebooting only takes a minute, but after a while it just gets annoying.

-Nexus One on AT&T with AT&T 3G

sd_bber

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
i get the same problem with my tmo n1. restarting the phone also fixes but not permanently. i dont think its uncommon among n1's. but can anyone shed some light on this?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Also, my phone randomly deletes all my texts every now and then. I hate it. My iPhone has done it once in the year and a half I've owned iPhones, and my Nexus One has already done it 3 times in a little over a month.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
interesting maybe try a new texting application out of the market... thats really the only suggestion I can think of.. there is a few of them

Maris

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Also, my phone randomly deletes all my texts every now and then. I hate it. My iPhone has done it once in the year and a half I've owned iPhones, and my Nexus One has already done it 3 times in a little over a month.

You may need to adjust the text message limit under settings, or uncheck the delete old messages setting.

ekoulak

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
i had that problem before i was rooted, loading a custom rom seemed to help resolve the issue, if you dont want to root then the next ota update will hopefully address this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome