*Facepalm*

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with an N1 jealous of the Incredible? I decided to stick with the N1 because we had no idea when the Incredible was coming out, and then BAM! a day after my trial period expires the Incredible is announced.

I know they're 95% the same phone, but I really dig the Incredible's updated design, 8GB of internal memory, and most of all, Sense. I rooted my N1 to try out the Desire rom, and am loving it. I'm going back to stock Android due to some connectivity issues with the rom, (3G isn't working properly) but I wish we could get full sense for the N1 that wasn't cobbled together.

I wish I could afford to switch, but for now the N1 is the only option.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I can appreciate your love of Tech, but in regards to the recent launch of the Incredible and the eventual launch of the Evo, the N1 is no slouch and its still 3rd in a long line of Andriod phones. Not only that, what will you say when the Evo is launched with 4G capability? *Facepalm* again? For me there just isn't enough difference between the two to feel that way. Furthermore, being able to buy the N1 unlocked is a huge advantage in my book.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can appreciate your love of Tech, but in regards to the recent launch of the Incredible and the eventual launch of the Evo, the N1 is no slouch and its still 3rd in a long line of Andriod phones. Not only that, what will you say when the Evo is launched with 4G capability? *Facepalm* again? For me there just isn't enough difference between the two to feel that way. Furthermore, being able to buy the N1 unlocked is a huge advantage in my book.

True enough. I guess I'm a bit crazy when it comes to tech. Had I had the N1 for a few months before the Incredible came out I wouldn't have been bothered, but I guess it was just the timing of it all.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else with an N1 jealous of the Incredible? I decided to stick with the N1 because we had no idea when the Incredible was coming out, and then BAM! a day after my trial period expires the Incredible is announced.

I know they're 95% the same phone, but I really dig the Incredible's updated design, 8GB of internal memory, and most of all, Sense. I rooted my N1 to try out the Desire rom, and am loving it. I'm going back to stock Android due to some connectivity issues with the rom, (3G isn't working properly) but I wish we could get full sense for the N1 that wasn't cobbled together.

I wish I could afford to switch, but for now the N1 is the only option.

Not at all. The only thing I wish my Nexus One could have is that 8MP camera just to say my phone has a friggin EIGHT MEGAPIXEL CAMERA! But other than that, I prefer my Nexus One. I love the second mic for noise cancellation. I don't like Sense at all, except copy/paste in the browser. The design of the Incredible is nice, but the Nexus One is the sexiest phone I've ever seen (personal preference). And I definitely won't be regretting it when 2.2 and other upgrades come out and I don't have to wait to get it.

And I don't really see what all the fuss is about over the Evo 4G. Yeah, its nice if you're on Sprint and have 4G in your area, but I really don't like the design at all and I don't think I really need that big of a screen though. I suppose it would be nice, but 3.7" is more than enough screen for me. Plus, comparing my iPhone's LCD screen to my Nexus One's AMOLED screen, the colors look washed out on the iPhone. The Evo 4G has an LCD screen also, so colors won't look as sharp as they do on the Nexus One. The only thing I envy with that phone is the front facing camera.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
There us always going to be better phones that come out. You will get the incredible and in three months time something else will come out that faster bigger. I love my n1 enough to keep it becouse it still is very competitive and will get better with time. Those other phones don't realty do anything differently

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Incredible's nice but I still wish the Nexus were coming to verizon. Whatever it's technical faults or limitations it has one thing that no other phone does and that's the fact that it is Google's phone and will be getting upgrades first before anyone else. If you are a tech geek that should be worth something to you...

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
the nexus one looks 10 times server than the incredible. no way would I take the incredible over the nexus. plus it has noise cancelling mic and text to speech everywhere in the OS. plus Google updates directly. no contest imo.

plus I read how the incredible feels plasticky while the nexus feels like a tank. no regrets for me!

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the N1 looks better and is more unique. You won't see everyone carrying one. The noise cancellation and design of the N1 are what I like. ROMs will be available on either device soon enough after 2.2.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
There will always be bigger and better devices around the corner. Just something we have to live with. Don't like it, buy the next best thing... ;)

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been in the tech game for a long time now and there are two infallible rules; one, the minute your purchase your tech item, it is out of date and two, there is always a newer more advanced device right around the corner that you are going to want.

With regards to the Incredible, my employers VZW corp. sales rep brought around an Incredible for us to play with for a few days. While it is a nice device, I am not a huge fan of SENSE and it just seemed like another (all be it a nice one) Android device

Dan

Last edited:

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
the nexus one looks 10 times server than the incredible. no way would I take the incredible over the nexus. plus it has noise cancelling mic and text to speech everywhere in the OS. plus Google updates directly. no contest imo.

plus I read how the incredible feels plasticky while the nexus feels like a tank. no regrets for me!

Did you mean speech to text? If so, that's part of 2.1, which the Incredible has.

The only thing I envy about the Incredible is the 8MP camera with dual flash. I also wish I could have Sense's copy and paste, which is very similar to Apple's. Stock Android copy and paste sucks. Also, I'd like an FM radio, though it's apparently (hopefully) coming to the Nexus One. Please come to the Nexus One. :(

I'd much rather have the Nexus One with two mics for noise cancellation, the better design, on AT&T, and faster Android updates.

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
The smartphone world is classic Moore's law. Bottom line is that if you try to keep up you spend way too much money and don't get to know the current tech well enough to truly exploit it. N1 is Googles phone, it is what the developers are using to develop 2.2 and so on. What does that mean. Google will release the update to it's phone first because when it's ready what device has it been running on in the labs?. Not envying the Incredible but i can admit that it is an equal device with a few better hardware specs, 8GB internal, 8MP camera. As someone who likes to tinker and have the latest gadget, i like the N1 because its Googles phone and i like Android not HTC.