Google Voice Freaking Out

moncouteau

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
On my Nexus One, Google Voice seems to be working very strangely. I have it set so that Google Voice kicks in automatically when I make international calls. So usually I can just dial straight from my phone and the person's contact picture pops up with a little thing at the top showing that the call is being redirected through Google Voice. Sometimes, however, a weird screen pops up with like a phone symbol and just the number and then it fails to connect. What is the deal with that? super annoying.

Also, Google Voice has connected me with the wrong people sometimes. I have one of my best friends that lives abroad and I call that person on a regular basis and the number is saved in my contacts. Every now and then, when I call the person through Google Voice it connects me to a random number from someone else. It's the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. Anyone have anything similar?

Thanks

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have your exact issue, but I do sometimes experience the issue where it just hangs on the screen with the phone but doesn't dial out. Usually I just switch to my real number to make the call. Additionally, I've found that no Sprint number can connect to my GV number, and that is a problem on Google's end involving routing tables or something...so maybe your random connections are due to a similar issue?

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk