Occasional Touch Screen offset

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally, after using the browser, or maybe google maps, I will close the app and find that the touch screen is totally confused about where I am touching.

It will launch the app BELOW the one I tab, or it will launch the Grid at the bottom showing the screen of all apps.

Usually, the only reliable way out of this is to sleep the phone, and then unlock it again. (Which beats the hell out of rebooting).

This Nexus One is AT&T model, still virgin, never rooted.

Is this a known issue?
Any solution?

null

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Very compelling video. Though that appears to be yet another issue altogether. I know what icebike is experiencing - which is different from the problem you just highlighted - because it happens to me as well, usually after a heated game of RoboDefense. : ) Basically with icebike's issue (and mine), single-touch, not multi-touch gets messed up such that the N1 misinterprets where you single-click on the screen to some different location on the screen. Usually it is relatively close to where you are clicking, but sometimes it can be more than an inch or two off. In other words, you single click on an icon, but the N1 opens the application associated with an icon that is located somewhere else on the screen. And just as icebike described, sleeping the N1 usually remedies the problem.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
the touch screen offset issue is a known bug, and hopefully is being fixed in the upcoming update in a few weeks. the video showing the Y-axis problem is something totally different, but yet it is still unfortunate that the phone has that problem as well. but in day to day operation, the Y-axis bug really doesnt effect anything, as pinch to zoom still works regardless of that. the one thing that might suck is multi touch games that may come out in the future which require the Y-axis to cross each other. but for now i havent seen any of those games...

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Having both the Incredible and the Nexus it is more noticeable now that i have a better touch chip to compare it to. That doesn't mean that the Nexus has a defective touch screen just that that particular screen and chip wasn't meant for what it's being used for. A software update to optimize it will help but it still will be limited by the chip it is running. The Incredible has a better chip that's actually meant for multi-touch so it's going to be better. In the real world, you're no going to notice it that much and probably not at all with the exception of a few minor glitches that software could fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol