Interesting email I receive today from Google - Your recent Nexus One purchase

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
I just received this about 5 minutes ago. Am I the only one?

Hello,

We?re writing in regards to your recent Nexus One purchase. There was an issue with the way the sales tax was applied to your order. When your order was placed, you paid taxes on the full retail price of the phone. However, you should have only been charged taxes on the sales price of the phone. We apologize for this issue and wanted to let you know that Google will issue a partial refund for the difference in the amount of taxes you were charged.

The refund will be issued to the debit/credit card used to complete the original purchase. To verify which card will receive the refund, please sign in to your Google Checkout account at https://checkout.google.com and click ?View order?. The payment information for the order will be listed at the bottom of the order receipt.

If the debit/credit card used to complete your purchase has been closed, your card-issuing bank should forward these funds to your new account or mail a check to you for the amount of the refund.

If you have any questions about the refund, or if you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we?ll be happy to help.

Sincerely,

The Nexus One Team

Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to update you about important changes to your Nexus One order.

takakoshimizu

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't yet, but I should shortly, seeing as I paid $26.45 (5% on $529) in tax as opposed to $8.95 (5% on $179). I was wondering how that happened. (as well as why I was even charged tax as well, considering there is no physical google presence in VA as far as I'm aware).

EDIT: Actually looks like I did get the email. For some reason gmail wasn't pulling on my phone. :(

Last edited:

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
Just got my refund:

Google Phone Webstore has issued a refund for $19.60 to your VISA xxx. Please note that it may take several days for the refund to appear on your billing statement.
Refund reason: Other (describe below)
Comments from Google Phone Webstore: "Tax refund "