What Mods have you made to your Nexus?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've never owned a Nexus because, up until now, Verizon has never carried one. However, with the release of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, that will most likely change.

I know that a Nexus will offer updates directly from Google so Nexus devices will get them first.
It will also be free of any bloat, assuming Google doesn't cave to Verizon, so it will be running pure Android.

When my Droid X was new, several ROMS popped up that were supposed to be AOSP and bloat free. I tried some and still use them, but knew that certain things weren't possible when the bootloader was locked down and updates came from Motorola.

Many developers spend lots of time trying to make non-Nexus devices look and feel like a Nexus.

I'm just wondering what else people have done to their devices since you already have the AOSP experience right out of the box.

Are there still quite a few people that ROM anyway, to improve on what Google has done or failed to do? If so, how has the mod community made this phone better?

I wanted your opinions since you've been doing it longer than anyone and it seems that I'll find a lot of loyalty among Nexus owners. Even after that phone is considered obsolete in terms of specs, many still openly enjoy using it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll be able to do with a phone that has total freedom, though I suspect the one aspect Verizon may disable is the native tethering.

The Galaxy Nexus is going to launch with ICS, but is it still realistic that Google will be updating your phones shortly afterwards even though the phone itself nearing 2 years old? Historically, does Google update all Nexus devices at around the same time?

Hopefully, the same developer community that has been with this phone will embrace the Galaxy Nexus in a few weeks. I'll be anxious to see what they can do.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX