Moving to Germany...to Root or not to Root?

sandandtsunamis

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Our family is moving to Germany and I am wondering if I can get by using my N1 (bought from Google then put on an existing T-mo account) there. Which carrier would be best? I'll be doing a lot of traveling while there, and figure I'll just switch SIMs as needed.

Also, wondering if it would be of any benefit to root b/f going over. I've run into the same memory problems most people have...upgraded to a new, larger SD card, deleted as much as I can, and am hovering at 25mb for the past month. Will rooting help that memory shortage? Or just allow me to ditch things like Twitter, etc., that I don't use?

Thanks...hope some of you are still monitoring this forum. Looks like it's been a month since any activity...most have probably moved on to a different phones by now...

ThorsWrath

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Regarding rooting:

Rooting is always good. You can "force" some apps which natively do not support moving when you are rooted. You can also remove system and protected apps.

I had the same free space problem, even after rooting and forcing the apps to move. The only solution i found was to install CynogenMod 7 - the system is partitioned more efficiently here so even with the same number of apps i had before, i now have 100mb+ of free space where previously i had less then 20 mb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci