No video playback

cianpop

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I tested out the froyo update via rom manager, but have fine back to cyanogen as I miss proper apps to sd however since going back I get no video play back. When i try play as youtube video it either force closes or spread the first frame and plays all the sounds. Now I'm very wordpress that I'm after breaking something, a video chip or something. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance, if I get a solution to this I'll owe this forum my sanity.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

cianpop

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I gave it some time, swapped back and forth between different backups and froyo and nothing other than froyo has any video/youtube/slyfire playback. Seriously, is anyone else experiencing this with cyanogenmod?

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to find the file, but look around for people who have the old radio file. Froyo updated the radio.img, and when you go back to 2.1, you need to go to radio 4.0.3 or something (think Froyo is 4.0.6).

That will fix your issue

cianpop

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a million, at least now I know it's only a software issue and can be resolved. If I do a fresh installation of cyanogen or some other mod would that flash the radio.img? Or maybe I just have to stick with froyo till cyanogen does a 2.2 mod? Cause the chances of me finding the right file and knowing what to do with it are miniscule.

If this is the cause of the problem then there must be loads of others experiencing this, no? or has everyone else just stuck with froyo?

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to flash the Radio yourself. Here, I found this for you.

forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6026480&postcount=3

You can thank these lame forums for not letting me post the http in front of that link because I only have 6 posts.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513