Free power button fix?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I read on another forum that HTC is fixing N1 power buttons for free outside of warranty. Has anyone been able to get there power button fixed outside of warranty?

Kage_

sumyunguy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife's power button just went out last week.

But, we called HTC, they RMA'd it. I shipped it to them, and for $55 they fixed in 24 hours and had it shipped back overnight! Very pleasantly happy with HTC's service! (Factory reset was done FYI)

HTC Repair & Warranty are open 7 days a week 8am - 8pm EST. The number to call for the Nexus One is 1-888-617-1113.

In fact, she just got it back today, and is EXTREMELY happy not to have to use T9 texting on an old phone!

Johnjunior

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello All
For Info the power button failed on my out of warranty Nexus One
I am based in Ireland and organised for HTC's repair center in the UK to repair it,
HTC sent me an RMA and an address label for UPS, so I sent it back to them,
A couple of days later I got and email with a UPS tracking number and a note to say it was on the way back and no charge,
To my surprise when I got it back there was a report form in the box telling me that upon inspection that the phone was found to have water damage,
On my own inspection of the returned phone I found that the phone had never been opened (void seal still in place and dirt and dust still at the seams)
How can you check for water damage if you never open the phone?
So just as a warning if you are thinking of sending yours to HTC UK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21