"bug" while on phone call

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
So I was talking with someone on the phone via speaker phone and the screen timed out and turned off. I needed to take it off speakerphone and tapping the screen will not turn it back on, pressing the trackball will not either, even the volume keys will not!!

I have the option set so that pressing the power button while on a call will hang up so I knew that wasn't an option and then I realized I was out of buttons!!

You have to actually plug the phone in to even get anything to show up again! Seems like someone missed this and is flawed.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Eh. Not poor thinking on google's part. I'm not sure why you'd want the power button to hang up since that's pretty much the only way to turn on the device, especially using speakerphone. The device is designed to turn the screen off when the proximity sensor isn't used. (since the proximity sensor will reawaken it when it moves away) Unless its plugged in, the ONLY way to reawaken the screen is only the top button.

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
well it is an option while on the phone so if they have it and someone uses it (which is supported) then the person who does shouldn't have to find a way to get it back on like this, I don't know why they cant make the trackball do the same?

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Eh. Not poor thinking on google's part. I'm not sure why you'd want the power button to hang up since that's pretty much the only way to turn on the device, especially using speakerphone. The device is designed to turn the screen off when the proximity sensor isn't used. (since the proximity sensor will reawaken it when it moves away) Unless its plugged in, the ONLY way to reawaken the screen is only the top button.

i'm not sure you understand what this thread is about. with 2.2 google added a "power button ends the call" option into froyo, which was not an option previously. but if you are on a phone call on speakerphone, which i do all the time, the screen will turn off like normal. now you cannot turn the screen back on! because if press power button, that now ends the call. but the only way to wake the screen up, no matter what, is with the power button.

so again, google thought that out very poorly.

EDIT: actually i am thinking about this wrong. since this is only an OPTION in the settings, this isnt a problem. for some reason i was thinking that this is now the ONLY way to do it in 2.2. but since google only made this an option, i can see it working for those people who want it that way. so i guess i was wrong:)

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
So, Roger:
You never had that option before, and probably didn't miss it.

Admittedly its not done correctly, but there are a LOT of options in Android that detract from the phone, and most people avoid them. So why not just avoid this one?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante