Froyo Downgrade

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey all

I just got my N1 today. I am wondering about the froyo update. If I do it how easy is it to downgrade back to 2.1. I am not rooted and would not like to root yet as I just got the phone.

Thanks

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey all

I just got my N1 today. I am wondering about the froyo update. If I do it how easy is it to downgrade back to 2.1. I am not rooted and would not like to root yet as I just got the phone.

Thanks

Its pretty easy, you just need a copy of the stock 2.1 firmware.

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
So you have to flash the stock 2.1 firmware or is it the 2.1 update 1 ota file. And also you can do this without being rooted right. I want to flash the 2.2 update but just in case it is not final , which it seems, I want to be able to downgrade to 2.1 to recieve the official ota or official manual update.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So you have to flash the stock 2.1 firmware or is it the 2.1 update 1 ota file. And also you can do this without being rooted right. I want to flash the 2.2 update but just in case it is not final , which it seems, I want to be able to downgrade to 2.1 to recieve the official ota or official manual update.

You'd still be able to update over the released 2.2 if its a different version than what was released. (as far as I know)

Basically, you'd have to wipe your device, and then flash the system using the fastboot method. (at least that's what I did) I have a copy of the original 2.1 firmware, which then prompts for the 2.1 update 1 OTA about 5 minutes after being installed.

I'm sure there's other ways to do it, but I did it that way because it doesn't require root.

derichio02

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Steps to do that using fastboot? I am a former droid owner when it comes to the n1 i need a little direction...lol So you got some steps? and a file location

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Steps to do that using fastboot? I am a former droid owner when it comes to the n1 i need a little direction...lol So you got some steps? and a file location
Wait. Sorry. You have to have an unlocked bootloader in order to use fastboot. I forgot about that.

Now I'm not so sure how to downgrade for you if you're not unlocked.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a way to downgrade with a locked bootloader too, wondering if it can be flashed back to original via the SD card method

docpsyd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not suggesting you do this, but I am just curious... what would happen if you had the 2.2 froyo and did a factory reset? would it bring you back to 2.1?

tonytoon

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll vouch for those instructions as well. I'm using a T-Mobile Nexus One, did not root it or unlock the bootloader and using the PASSIMG.ZIP from that link set it back to the firmware as it shipped, and it then did an OTA update to 2.1 update 1.

It's no big deal if you don't want to try doing it though, because the OTA update to Froyo final *will* work with phones that applied the leaked FRF50 update.

(There's a link from Google Support clarifying this, but I don't have a high enough post count to post links yet.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze