Froyo and Exchange: Ask your questions here

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK, I'm back on Exchange ... Like I never left, lol. What all does everybody want to know about Exchange and Froyo?

level32

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I could never get my Exchange from work to connect (Moto Milestone running 2.0.1 and 2.1). TouchDown worked no prob. I'm pretty sure it has to do with accepting bad certificates. Touchdown would ignore them. Have they added this to the new Exchange on Froyo?

ScotK

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
How about exchange calendar support? Does that work?

So, does the new Exchange support calendars, now?

thanks,

scot

eckster

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Does the inbox for an exchange account integrate with the inbox of a google account? In other words, can I have one unified inbox like I do on my blackberry?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
God I hope it supports reading .eml attachments. We use exchange for work, most of the other techs use WM6 phones and when they forward a call to me it sends it as an attachment .eml format. My Hero won't open that.

mfritzin

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
FROYO 2.2 MS Exchange Task sync

I would like to know if Froyo 2.2 will allow me to sync my outlook tasks to my incredible. I know TD is an alternative, but I don't feel I should have to spend extra money for something that should happen already.

tagon

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Does Froyo allow me to move e-mail to subfolders and accept appointment invites?

I have not figured out how to move e-mails to sub folders although I can access the sub folders and I have a few server side rules that deliver to those folders.

And yes you can accept invites.

anon(27062)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting ready to jump from a Palm 755p to an HTC EVO 4G (hoping it will get Froyo before too long), so I'm an Android Newbie.

My main concern is the ability to sync Outlook Tasks and Notes to my phone (I'm a "Getting Things Done" user and use these extensively).

Is there a good solution for this on Android, either natively or via 3rd party apps?

Additionally, I use Microsoft OneNote and would love to see a solution for syncing that to an Android phone as well.

Thanks everyone,
David

pancho13#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Palm Pre and I am very tempted to get the Evo 4G. However one of the things that I love about the Pre is that I can run Multiple exchange accounts. I currently use 2 exchange accounts syncing email, tasks, and calendar, and a google account that I sync a google calendar with. Plus I have 2 additional personal email accounts that I run all from my Pre. Is the Evo capable of going this????? Does anyone know??? If so, I will get one but if not, I have to stick with my Pre because I use all those accounts for my business...

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Palm Pre and I am very tempted to get the Evo 4G. However one of the things that I love about the Pre is that I can run Multiple exchange accounts. I currently use 2 exchange accounts syncing email, tasks, and calendar, and a google account that I sync a google calendar with. Plus I have 2 additional personal email accounts that I run all from my Pre. Is the Evo capable of going this????? Does anyone know??? If so, I will get one but if not, I have to stick with my Pre because I use all those accounts for my business...

I can tell you with froyo loaded on the evo it will do all of that except for tasks as far as I've seen. I'm still testing a lot of features though, but I do have several personal and several exchange accounts configured on the device all at the same time. And my calendars, contacts, and email all function for all the exchange accounts.

What was the point of this thread if no answers are provided?

Scot

I was wondering this myself.

4mooo

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Does Froyo on the EVO support notifications for email subfolders? Right now, 2.1 only has email notifications for emails received in the main inbox folder. Also would like to know if it syncs in real time sync email subfolders instead of manually having to refresh each subfolder.

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Does Froyo on the EVO support notifications for email subfolders? Right now, 2.1 only has email notifications for emails received in the main inbox folder. Also would like to know if it syncs in real time sync email subfolders instead of manually having to refresh each subfolder.

Well I tested out a few scenarios. Notifications don't work for any other folders except for the inbox. So if you have rules setup to move emails automatically you won't get a notification of them, but what's funny is if you go to the subfolder, and refresh it pulls the new email and then pops up the notification. So I'm not sure if maybe there is a setting somewhere I can't find, but I've been pretty thorough with it.

Wifiguy

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
How to become a seasoned N1 owner?

Where do I go to get all my newbie questions answered? Like these:
I'm coming from the Apple world and bought a Nexus ONe. Need alot of help. First question, does your phone have to be rooted to get this or anyother Froyo update? Second, when I plug my Nexus one to my windows xp computer it doesn't recognize it, is there drivers that I must install prior to plugging up the N1, and third is there a good youtube sight that shows you how to do all this stuff step for step? Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante