Android ModaCo's Froyo Update has Colored Trackball with Handcent!

trixnrice

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
With the latest updated Handcent, my att N1 on ModaCo's Froyo has Colored LED notification flashing from the trackball SMS/MMS. I was told froyo would not receive this, and I wasn't aware that this froyo update had been modified to have such a feature. Either way, its a pleasant surprise to me. just thought I'd mention this. :p

Do any other apps with Colored LED flash capability work on Froyo? please share....

stalker

May 13, 2010
Visit site
actually I was hopping that native OS notifications like SMS/Missed call notifications will cause trackball glow multi-colored. But that is not the case.. why google?

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
we still might get the native apps color trackball. so we know 2.2 froyo has enabled the colored trackball. but now we just need the core apps like gmail to be updated to 2.2 so that they add the color setting in the menu option. there's no reason to think google will not do this. as of now many apps are being updated to 2.2, so why think google is not updating their apps the same way?

stalker

May 13, 2010
Visit site
we still might get the native apps color trackball. so we know 2.2 froyo has enabled the colored trackball. but now we just need the core apps like gmail to be updated to 2.2 so that they add the color setting in the menu option. there's no reason to think google will not do this. as of now many apps are being updated to 2.2, so why think google is not updating their apps the same way?

Agreed. Let's hope that final OTA update of froyo will have that options. :)