Nexus two

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My post ALMOST got some credibility right up until I said "Read my lips: There WAS NO smartphone market prior to the iPhone."

A.K.A., i'm still retarded

How was there no smartphone market prior to the iPhone? You need to get the vision out of your head that the "smartphone market" is based around the capacitive touchscreen devices with app stores that we have today. The smartphone market has been rocking strong for a long time. Maybe just not to your own particular market segment. I know this may be hard for someone of your intellectual caliber to understand, but there are people in this world that don't share your same interests. And there are also tons of different age groups and market segments out there. Just because YOU don't want to recognize the strong market segment for smartphones before the iPhone came along doesn't mean it wasn't there. Hell, in the many years I worked in that industry, the Treo 650 was one of my best selling phones of all times.

Get out of your "because I didn't care about smartphones before the iPhone, they weren't popular" mentality. Google didn't make HTC's success. Have they helped it? Absolutely. But that's not the same. In fact, HTC is without a doubt the leading force behind Android's ever increasing market share. But then again, you'll deny that because it doesn't match your own opinion and mentality even though Helen Keller could clearly read that fact among many others that you disagree with.

So in the spirit of repeating ourselves since you seem to think that by doing it, your clearly incorrect and unjustified statements will magically become correct, I will repeat myself...

HTC isn't some new company just getting into the game and relying on Google to keep them going. In fact, when it comes to wireless hardware and design, they are nothing short of revolutionary.

Get your facts straight and do a little bit of research before coming on here and sounding like a complete chode.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
G
HTC isn't some new company just getting into the game and relying on Google to keep them going. In fact, when it comes to wireless hardware and design, they are nothing short of revolutionary.

I'll give you everything up until this point. HTC isn't doing anything new or revolutionary right now. Design-wise maybe, but nothing else really stands out as being amazingly revolutionary.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll give you everything up until this point. HTC isn't doing anything new or revolutionary right now. Design-wise maybe, but nothing else really stands out as being amazingly revolutionary.

Understandable. But I wasn't specifying a certain time frame in regards to that statement. It was more of a general summary of their history. While yes, their innovation in the hardware department specifically doesn't stand out nearly as much anymore, it surely did back in the days when most manufacturers weren't doing nearly as well in their smartphone success. For example, I'd consider the Touch, TyTN, and TyTN II to be pretty revolutionary for their times. And yes, I fully accept that opinions can vary in example (yes, this even includes you, icebike).