N1 video conferencing is a success

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I was gonna post this yesterday and forgot. But considering that announcement by some fruit company today regarding video calling, I just wanted to point out that we already have it and it works well.

I know that most of you already know that and know where I'm going with this. But this is for those that don't.

Don't be disgruntled by the EVO 4G's front facing video camera (sure, it helps. but it's not a necessity) and modified Qik client. All you need to do is download Fring from the Market.

For those that aren't familiar with Fring, it is a multi-protocol client that has been around in the smartphone game for quite a while. And with the recent addition of video calling, it is now outstanding.

This weekend, I did many video calls back and forth for the hell of it with two friends who both have EVO 4G's. We both did our video calls via 3G (take that, fruit company) and it worked marvelously. Sure, I couldn't show my beautiful face while seeing my friend's beautiful face as well. But if you want to show the world around you and occasionally turn the phone around and give your friend a smile, it works beautifully with minimal lag.

Your experience may vary. But I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Oh, and of course it did use more battery power than average phone usage. But in my testing (which went off and on all day), it did not affect battery life dramatically.

:cool:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty