HTC N1 for AT&T... How to know?

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I am currently looking to purchase a N1 to be used on AT&T's 3G network. I have been searching eBay, but I find it very confusing to find which model will work on AT&T's 3G network, not EDGE. Almost all listings say "Unlocked" but from what I read across the net, being unlocked does not mean it will be capable on getting 3G data speeds. All listing also give the default bands whcih include AT&T's 3G bands, but again, that's from ebay's default phone specs chooser. Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to look for to determine which model will work on 3G?

Thanks!

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I am currently looking to purchase a N1 to be used on AT&T's 3G network. I have been searching eBay, but I find it very confusing to find which model will work on AT&T's 3G network, not EDGE. Almost all listings say "Unlocked" but from what I read across the net, being unlocked does not mean it will be capable on getting 3G data speeds. All listing also give the default bands whcih include AT&T's 3G bands, but again, that's from ebay's default phone specs chooser. Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to look for to determine which model will work on 3G?

Thanks!

I believe any GSM N1 will work on 3G. The 3G network is only partially based on the phone, it also depends on your location and reception.

tapatalkn on yo b****a**

TnA206

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had one a couple years ago, your best bet is A private seller which u can physically ask if its banded for att 3g, the above posted statement is not true!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I had one a couple years ago, your best bet is A private seller which u can physically ask if its banded for att 3g, the above posted statement is not true!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Oh my bad! So I googled this and yeah, I was wrong, the N1 has 2 versions. Both support the same bands, but one sends only 2G signals on certain bands (2100 and 850). Those bands, apparently, are the ones that AT&T listens for 3G traffic on. So yeah you can't get 3G on these phones.

The simple way you tell is pull out the battery and look at the FCC ID text. The models ending in xxx100 are 3G capable with T-Mobile, a nd those ending xxx110 are AT&T 3G capable.

My bad, for spreading misinformation. Thanks to the guy above me for pointing that out!

tapatalkn on yo b****a**

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463