What is the deal with the Nexus One Dock & Bluetooth Music?

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
What is the deal with the Nexus One Dock & Bluetooth Music?

It seems like you always have to have Bluetooth turned on from the beginning (and not just rely on when the Bluetooth connects when you dock the phone).

This is what someone said on Google's support forums, and I think it holds true:
"- place N1 in dock, bluetooth audio enabled, play music, un-dock then bluetooth audio stops and disconnects.....

- connect bluetooth audio before docking, then music continues playing music even if you remove it from the dock.... however this way, it never launches the clock app (which prob is part of the docking process that connects/disconnects the bluetooth audio)"

I find that in order for it to work, the Nexus One has to be undocked to start, I have to turn Bluetooth on, then I need to pair+connect the dock (it often says "paired but not connected," then when connected it will read "connected to media audio" ... now I can play music through my speakers, and I am allowed to dock and un-dock it as I please ... however, if I pause the music and let it sit for 5 minutes, it will lose its connection (and when I pick it up from the dock later, the music will stop playing)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance