Choices N1 vs MyTouch Slide

Starku

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm sure there have been other threads over this topic, but of course they won't really answer my questions. You see, I'm not an Android user (yet). I used to use a Blackberry and loved the phone for about half the time I owned it. After that, I realized that the phone was too, how do you say, corporate. I wanted something more free, more customizable. I wanted a smart phone limited only by my imagination. Then I heard about Android. This is my problem, however. I have never owned an Android phone before. I will be beginning completely anew.

I have been looking into everything Android for about a month and a half now, but this has only put me in a bigger bind. I thought I might get the MyTouch Slide as I would be a new user and it would be a mid-range phone, but a lot of research has made me look at the Nexus One. So, I turn you all.

I'm sure most of you will suggest the N1 first and foremost, but I would like to let you know what I will use the phone the most for:
Music, texting, calling, e-mail, maps, games, social nextworking (Facebook, etc.), surfing the net, e-mail, IM, and looking up random facts now and then. This list is based off of my usage of my Blackberry (before it died a horrible death of rain induced awfulness). Also, keep in mind that I want to customize my device. Also, I thought about the Slide because of the keyboard. I'm not completely sure I want to go full touchscreen yet, but I don't know. Thank you in advance.

kid108

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im jumping ship from my Bold 9700 to an N1. To me the N1 is a much more powerfull device. I have two co-workers one with slide and one with an N1. Hands down the N1 is much better. Its snappier and does better on multi tasking. Searching the web is cake on the N1. The N1 is not locked down by any carrier so you will get updates faster than other devices (poster child). My personal opinion, N1 :p and you can't forget about the screen size. Hope this helps. Don't have one yet but I've done some research :D.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Then that's the only real decision IMO. Physical
keyboard vs. software keyboard.

Not really a decision we could make for you, w/o
being bias.

Another thing is that the MyTouch 3G will be free
on Father's Day. So that would be a difference of
$179 (if you're getting the N1 subsidized).

I chose the Nexus One because it is more powerful
and I love the form factor. Slide out keyboards
add bulk and the slimmer the better for me. I have
a BlackBerry 9700 and type faster on my Nexus One
w/ Swype then I did with any full QWERTY keyboard
on a BlackBerry.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
the my touch is a mid level phone. the nexus is a flagship high end phone. you really cant compare them fairly, the nexus is the obvious choice. unless you specifically need a physical keyboard...but even then, the nexus is still jsut so much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech