Hi guys,

I started looking for an android device around mid April. I visited all of the forms, read reviews, watch the Google IO. Now that I had my nexus one for about 4 days now and Im starting to feel bored. I can from a Blackberry Bold 2. The first few days were fun, setting up the device and downloading apps. Now since the device is configured, I dont have the same excitement I did when I first got the phone. Has this happened to anyone else or am I going crazy.
    06-22-2010 04:28 PM
    time to root it...lol
    06-22-2010 04:29 PM
    Hi guys,

I started looking for an android device around mid April. I visited all of the forms, read reviews, watch the Google IO. Now that I had my nexus one for about 4 days now and Im starting to feel bored. I can from a Blackberry Bold 2. The first few days were fun, setting up the device and downloading apps. Now since the device is configured, I dont have the same excitement I did when I first got the phone. Has this happened to anyone else or am I going crazy.
    You sound like th kind of guy more interested in the chase than the catch.
    (Your poor GF.)

You have just scratched the surface of what is possible.
    06-22-2010 06:15 PM
    4 months now and still love my nexus like the first day I bought it. Maybe its just not your cup of tea? I rooted after 3 months and the custom ROMs out there for the nexus is incredible. Cyanogen, etc its just insane. You can try a different ROM everyday of the week.
    06-22-2010 06:45 PM
    Wait until froyo. If you aren't excited after that comes out, then it's not the phone for you.
    06-22-2010 07:02 PM
    Will $300 for it bring back your excitement?
    I'll take it off your hands and you can go back to your BB.
    06-22-2010 07:32 PM
    update to Froyo, android 2.2 and you can make this to be true. No tired anymore
    06-22-2010 08:44 PM
    i think the phone is definitely for me, multiple exchange accts, great gmail integration, plus all the great apps. i was going to wait to froyo, then starting rooting the phone. is there a thread on the forms about rooting and what my capabilities are?

4 months now and still love my nexus like the first day I bought it. Maybe its just not your cup of tea? I rooted after 3 months and the custom ROMs out there for the nexus is incredible. Cyanogen, etc its just insane. You can try a different ROM everyday of the week.
    06-23-2010 08:43 AM
    i think the phone is definitely for me, multiple exchange accts, great gmail integration, plus all the great apps. i was going to wait to froyo, then starting rooting the phone. is there a thread on the forms about rooting and what my capabilities are?
    Here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/goog...ne-roms-hacks/ (if it was a snake... )

Nexus One - xda-developers

There are more, just do a search.
    06-23-2010 11:56 AM
    well there's tons of info over at XDA forums which is where all the rooting stuff is. but a summary would be you can use cyanogen ROM if you want. and you can customize everythign about the phone. i got rid of the horrible white notification bar and put a black one because the white bar is burning into amny peoples screens on the nexus one. black color wont do that.

there are some really slick theme packs with icons that really increase the looks of the phone. its a lot to list all the advantages of rooting...just try and read up!
    06-23-2010 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD