Run checkin!! I just got final.

clickwir

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
h**p://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF85B-from-FRF83.f62ffd2b.zip

I just ran a checkin and got a system update notification. FRF85B. Rebooting now.

clickwir

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, honestly nothing. But I was running FRF83, did a checkin and this was an official OTA System Upgrade Notification. So I'm just guessing final, but there's a lot of flags in there that would point towards final.

That and I'm a no one. So why google would single me out for a special update, I don't know.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's an update to FRF83. Therefore, since it's not an update to Android 2.1, it's not necessarily the official be-all-end-all OTA upgrade.

I'll believe "official OTA update" when people with locked, unrooted devices running stock 2.1 builds start getting OTA notifications and updates.

Patrix.

fritzy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a locked, stock 2.1 build (never messed with it) -- or had until I just got this ATT OTA update, just minutes after a friends T-Mobile did the same thing.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a locked, stock 2.1 build (never messed with it) -- or had until I just got this ATT OTA update, just minutes after a friends T-Mobile did the same thing.

And of course no link from logcat? Help out your colleagues next time! :p

Mac33

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got both the frf83 & 85b today. Did a factory reset today & got the frf83 update right after. Did a checkin & got the 85b like 5 mins ago.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I got both the frf83 & 85b today. Did a factory reset today & got the frf83 update right after. Did a checkin & got the 85b like 5 mins ago.

what do you mean by "checkin"? is it settings > about phone > system updates?

Sorry for the stupid question lol

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
From what I'm reading around the other sites, this appears to be for AT&T N1's. Possibly bringing them up to par with the T-Mobile version of FRF83? Just speculating. I'm going to skip --for now-- manually applying this to my T-Mobile running FRF83 that Google pushed to me last week and see what happens.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
@ock just rename it yo update.zip and run it in recovery?

I have untouched unlocked N1 from Google compatible with AT&T (on Fido Canada).

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
@ock just rename it yo update.zip and run it in recovery?

I have untouched unlocked N1 from Google compatible with AT&T (on Fido Canada).

Yep! Exactly. Mine was a completely stock N1 as well (locked bootloader, never hacked, EPE54B) and is now on FRF85B. Just rename to update.zip, put on root of SD, and run from recovery. :)

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Scratch my last post. My buddy is over and his AT&T N1 just updated from 2.1 to this version of 2.2 and my T-mobile version just prompted me to update to FRF85B.

This is odd though. No announcement from Google and no party?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe you!

Just messing with you man. Glad you got some Froyo love now :)

Hehe. Except I had to manually update mine whereas you got an OTA :p

Thank ya. But yeah, once again, my full apologies if I came off rude previously. No one at all had ever seen a proven case until you proved us all wrong. So of course, we were all skeptics.

Thanks again. Froyo celebratory beers to both of us!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Scratch my last post. My buddy is over and his AT&T N1 just updated from 2.1 to this version of 2.2 and my T-mobile version just prompted me to update to FRF85B.

This is odd though. No announcement from Google and no party?

There is nothing pointing this to be the official launch which is why there hasn't been announcement. Or maybe it is the start of the full OTA push and we'll see an announcement in the morning. We'll find out.

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
There is nothing pointing this to be the official launch which is why there hasn't been announcement. Or maybe it is the start of the full OTA push and we'll see an announcement in the morning. We'll find out.

They need to bust out the street-view trucks and drive around handing out free frozen yogurt to everyone on this hot summer day.:cool:

evilp8ntballer7#AC

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
so I dont really understand why I cant update to this if i have the amons custom recovery, I thought that allowed me to flash any custom rom.

I have FRF83 now and want 85! :/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante