Serious Froyo Issues

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I did the manual update and now my phone is very sluggish.

WeatherBug won't open. Phone won't open. Web browser seems ok.

It seems like it is hanging on something.

Any ideas here? This is killing me.

aviduser

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I killed everything using advanced task killer and it is working fine. So there must be an app that needs updating for 2.2. Now to figure out which one caused the issue.

aviduser

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Install OSMonitor app or use the Process Manager in Astro. High CPU usage apps will float to the top.

Froyo aught to give you more FREE memory. Chances are you are just seeing the inrush of apps at boot time, and if left to its own devices it would level out the load.

You should NOT have to run a task killer. There, I said it. And I'm standing by it.

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My connection seems to drop a ton on froyo. Youtube doesn't Luke working at all. I'm constantly seeing my 3g and edge indicator disappearing. Urg... I want eclair back but keep the keyboard. That's the biggest plus to me.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, icebike. As you predicted, the load seems to have leveled out and things are quite snappy. Phone loads, as does everything else.

email was sluggish, though that seems to have speeded up now too.

I panicked a little there. :eek:

It was weird, though how everything was clogged. It was like the Froyo took a while to course through the Nexus veins.

Cheers,

aviduser

canonfaz

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issues. I started a different thread. Someone mentioned in there that Froyo downloads all your tasks again. After about 12 hours Froyo started to blaze! I was worried too.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I agree that something happens during the first hour or so after install. It became much quicker after a while.

aviduser