Hey guys and gals,

Im having a bit of trouble getting the manual update. Im new to doing this and i have no idea what im doing. My build number is ERE27. Ive noticed that others have different builds as me so that could be a reason why the update isnt working for me. I downloaded the "update.zip" file onto my device and followed all of the directions but its just not working. Anyone with any input?

thanks in advance
    06-30-2010 04:39 PM
    I followed this procedure and it worked. I assume you have the download from the right source?

1. Download the official Android 2.2 firmware for your current build (see links above)
    2. Copy the file to your MicroSD card and name it update.zip (Pro tip: not update.zip.zip)
    3. Power off your phone.
    4. Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
    The phone will now search for files like PB00IMG.zip, etc. This is normal.
    5. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
    When you see the “/!\” symbol, press the POWER button and the Volume Up button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be “Apply sdcard:update.zip”.
    6. Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
    7. When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.

One word of caution: You will see the X flow pattern (or whatever they call it) for 5 or 10 minutes. Don't panic!

Also, give it a few minutes to "even the load". I thought it was quite sluggish for awhile, but it improved dramatically after about 15 minutes (maybe less).

aviduser
    06-30-2010 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD