No OTA yet...

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Still waiting for the official FRF85B OTA on T-Mobile in Washington D.C.
I really don't want to manually update because I've already read some horror stories of it not working out or malfunctioning and I don't want to take any chances.

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I never did get the OTA. I got tired of waiting and ran the manual install.

The update ran slowly at first, but now it is awesome.

I have a few complaints about some of the stock apps (email, contacts and calendar), but the performance is great overall.

aviduser

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for the official FRF85B OTA on T-Mobile in Washington D.C.
I really don't want to manually update because I've already read some horror stories of it not working out or malfunctioning and I don't want to take any chances.

The only horror stories are from those who were rooted or from those who were doing it incorrectly (such as naming the file update.zip.zip due to them not realizing that Windows hides known file extensions by default). If you do it correctly, it is extremely simple and the process the phone goes through for installation is exactly what the OTA will do for you anyways.

ikshaar

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting too... T-mobile Baltimore :(

I cannot even find the manual update for unmodified Nexus ERE27... I find only incremental ones.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I still want to do this OTA, instead of sideloading, just to see it work. I've side loaded other android devices, so the thrill of that has passed.

But how many N1s are out there anyway that they have to push this so slowly?

Is there any reason to keep doing checkin ? And is there any reason to believe "check for new update" actually does anything other than look for the zip on the SD card?

ikshaar

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ock. I took the jump. Scary and took sometimes after reboot to get back to normal, few things were hanging for a while, but seems normal now.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
The only horror stories are from those who were rooted or from those who were doing it incorrectly (such as naming the file update.zip.zip due to them not realizing that Windows hides known file extensions by default). If you do it correctly, it is extremely simple and the process the phone goes through for installation is exactly what the OTA will do for you anyways.

Tried it twice and always gets stuck on the second reboot, and gets stuck on static N1 logo, I know I have the correct version yet it fails, tried the original leak and twice with the official version, not really sure anymore what it could be

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Tried it twice and always gets stuck on the second reboot, and gets stuck on static N1 logo, I know I have the correct version yet it fails, tried the original leak and twice with the official version, not really sure anymore what it could be

This is exactly what I mean. If that happened to me, I'd probably pee in my pants. I'm not gonna do any side loading/flashing/rooting until theres a Nexus Two in my hands

Also I've been running a checkin (*#*#2432546#*#*) everyday with no luck. It doesn't even find if I have any apps that need updating.

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I saw it there too.
I was mostly just pulling his chain due to the huge dustup in the forum in past days.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw it there too.
I was mostly just pulling his chain due to the huge dustup in the forum in past days.

haha. well in that case...........

kC_, no, you didn't get an OTA to FRF91. But nice try trying to be the new "cool kid". I want full video proof, a copy of logcat, a blood sample, and your next child.

gchild00

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

yes for windows users all you have to do is change the downloaded zip file to "update" and not "update.zip"...i was trying to change it to "update.zip" and I kept getting the error message until i simply named it "update" and all was right in the world

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed 85B manually cause the OTA seemed to take 4ever. Just ran a checkin and it prompted me with the new 91 update.

@gchild00 That's why I always set it to show extensions. It makes life easier lol

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed 85B manually cause the OTA seemed to take 4ever. Just ran a checkin and it prompted me with the new 91 update.

@gchild00 That's why I always set it to show extensions. It makes life easier lol

I keep doing checkin but haven't gotten OTA yet. I'm gonna wait for OTA just for the hell of it. Lol

And yeah, I agree on the file extensions. As a technician and sysadmin for a Windows environment, I never keep extensions hidden (or hidden/system files).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463