Anyone else having Swype issues with Froyo?

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Since installing Froyo, my Swype keyboard just randomly decides to stop working sometimes. Reboot (even removing the battery) doesn't fix it. I've already had to uninstall it and reinstall it 3 times to get it working again. One more time and I'm giving up on it until the next beta update.

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, it does need to be reinstalled each time we get an OS update. But yeah, It's started acting up somewhere around version FRF72. Audio feedback would randomly not work, and one time it force closed on me.

I've uninstalled Swype pending an update from them to work out the kinks.

BizzyB

May 22, 2010
Visit site
This is more than just uninstalling and re-installing after each update. I've done that. But I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it once every day since I went to Froyo it seems. It just stops working. When I press anything on the keyboard the whole keyboard will just get a blue border and not register any key presses.

melman23

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Try this... I went into:
settings > language and keyboard > swype settings > tutorial

Practice swype typing for a little bit, then exit out using the back arrow soft key

Ever since doing that, I've been swyping since.

Good luck

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Try this... I went into:
settings > language and keyboard > swype settings > tutorial

Practice swype typing for a little bit, then exit out using the back arrow soft key

Ever since doing that, I've been swyping since.

Good luck

I've tried the tutorial and it cannot even complete the tutorial. It gets stuck after trying to swype, "swype is simple." After it swypes "swype" the error sound effect goes off and the text box is outlined in blue.

Tried send a message after using swype and it was a no go. I've uninstalled it plenty of times too and nothing...I guess we gotta wait for an update. I hope it's soon.

rugmankc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Where are you reinstalling it from?

If you haven't, try redownloading it from the email they sent you with their link.

I have had zero problems.

Ken

Skidooo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Droid Incredible, 2.2, rooted. Installed many times and just traces on the keyboard and then the error sound.

Swype 1.56.30.7625.t100 downloaded 9-2-2010 from my beta email.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have also had problems with the Froyo/Swype combination too...

Here is the solution that I have found works when Swype seems to become unresponsive:
  • Go to Android Setup and disable Swype
  • Go to any editor so that you can type something
  • Type something with the normal keyboard
  • Go back into the Android Setup and re-enable Swype
  • Go to any editor and press and hold to choose Swype as input method again
  • Everything works until it goes wrong

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I never had a problem with my Nexus One. I did have it stop working once on my Evo. I switched keyboards and then back to Swype and it started working again.

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. Happily swyping on my Nexus One :)

[that being said, it would be nice if they improved the "standard typing" on swype. The "swyping" works well... but I have always hated it if I need to manually correct a word :( ]